PDA

View Full Version : My synchros have become ass?

Sherweeeny
10-05-2009, 07:24 PM
so when i go to put it into 1st 2nd or 3rd, it doesnt want to go in usually, and it goes halfway and gets pushed back which pisses me off to no extent, do u guys think these are synchros? do you think its a wear and tear issue hence no warranty coverage?

anyone else with thos problem? and i know how to change gears, but it does get a fang every now and then...

ekdez
10-05-2009, 10:36 PM
clutch pedal all the way in? hehe

Sherweeeny
10-05-2009, 11:33 PM
oh i thought it was a sequential gearbox with an electronic clutch.... oops :P

yes clutch in!

Sherweeeny
12-05-2009, 12:53 PM
so no-one else has had this issue?

aaronng
12-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Bleed your clutch line at the slave cylinder. Sounds like the fluid has either broken down or air has gotten in.

Sherweeeny
12-05-2009, 10:43 PM
thanks mate, will give a shot!

renegadeice
13-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Sounds like the same problem that me and JohnnyFD have.

See post: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111066

Neither of us could reproduce this to get it fixed. Doesn't always happen. It's only second gear for me tho. Let us know if you have any luck with it.

Sherweeeny
13-05-2009, 04:07 PM
no worries, so far im just taking longer to change gears, and im pushing it in harder. i have issues going back into first, going into second and 3rd. 4th and 5th arent as much an issue which freaks me out, because its pretty obvious its from fanging the shit out of it and not taking care of the gearbox. ill get a mate to take a look at it, or if not, ill pop it into the stealership

Sherweeeny
19-05-2009, 12:20 AM
fellas, this issue will piss off once your gearbox oils been changed.

renegadeice
11-07-2009, 10:46 PM
I've had my gearbox fluid changed last week. I still get a tooth-on-tooth every now and then.

But the 'sticky gears' problem appears to be completely gone now(which is good cos this is what worried me the most). To me, this means a situation where the gear 'appears' to be engaged but actually isn't. I also haven't had any 'push back' problems since.

Anyone who has similar problems should give this a go. Thanks for sharing, Sherweeeny, it's not something I would have tried on my own if I didn't read about it here :)

ej20i
13-07-2009, 03:40 AM
yea i get this at least twice a day,
some time it felt its in, while its not coz when i accelerate, it just revs and den suddenly crunch my gears?!??!LOL!
i asked honda, they sed...i cant find the problem

ido09s
14-07-2009, 11:48 AM
I was wondering if anyone was having this problem. My car is an 07 model and when the box is cold it gets jammed midway into second gear mainly on upshifts.

I might have to hit Honda up and see what they say.

aaronng
14-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I was wondering if anyone was having this problem. My car is an 07 model and when the box is cold it gets jammed midway into second gear mainly on upshifts.

I might have to hit Honda up and see what they say.

How fast are you shifting? Take more time to shift into 2nd, especially when the gearbox fluid is cold.

ido09s
14-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the advice mate but if i shift any slower i will be needing first again to take off lol

I am a mechanic by trade and can spot a problem from a mile away. I just wasnt sure if it was only my car.

Am going to change the oil first and see how it goes. It should sort the problem out