PDA

View Full Version : Need your help guys, Honda Civic 09 Drive Away Price

J-MAN
10-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Hello everyone, I am new here and I find this forum very very helpful.

I have just sold my 2002 Civic and I'm looking to buy the 2009 model. I went to the dealer today and they quoted $33K Drive-away for a Sport Manual, Black, with Tint and Mats.

Do you think this is already a good deal? Or am I being charged in excess?

Thank you very much.

Sherweeeny
10-05-2009, 11:34 PM
i got the same in 2007 for 30.... so yeah i rekon its a goodish deal, might be able to knock off another 500 to a grand depending on how desperate they are?!

BC8
11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Seems okay,

Maybe try to get it at 31k if possible since its manual

Are you in Sydney?

J-MAN
12-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Sherweeeny & BC8, thanks both for your reply. I am desperately trying to get it down to 31K but the best they could offer is 32.7K. I probably isn't bad at all since the prices have increased since 2007.

Anyway, i'll still try to negotiate some more. Will let you know how it goes.

thanks again.

@BC8, yeah im in Sydney.

aaronng
12-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Sherweeeny & BC8, thanks both for your reply. I am desperately trying to get it down to 31K but the best they could offer is 32.7K. I probably isn't bad at all since the prices have increased since 2007.

Anyway, i'll still try to negotiate some more. Will let you know how it goes.

thanks again.

@BC8, yeah im in Sydney.
Keep trying other dealers. They are desperate to get a sale now in this poor economy.

yourfather
12-05-2009, 05:57 PM
good negotiating tactic.

get $30,000 in $100 bills. Sit down at the desk and say, I will pay you $30,000 right now.

If they say "No way" take out your pile and count, $100, $200, $300, etc etc

moons
16-05-2009, 06:27 PM
Shop around, identify the best deal then go to your local dealer.

EG4
18-05-2009, 12:03 PM
I just purchased a Sport 09 black auto with matts, tint, reverse sensors

for $36400 driveaway.

I think if you can find the VTI purchase thread somewhere you can take off the costs of my extras to derive back to the base cost. That will give you an indication of what the best price will be

moons
18-05-2009, 12:07 PM
Wow cooking models are expensive! I don't want to start a war, but you're really better off saving a little and getting a Type R. I've heard of them going (08 models) for under $40k drive away.

asiansquad
18-05-2009, 12:27 PM
the new model costs more than 40k drive away..just picked one up the other day for 46k

EG4
18-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Honda's are priced for increase's this year starting April 09

i think the dealer said they were 2 prices increases this year and this is across all the honda range.

So can't compare 08 model prices unless your gunning for one. Altho i would say not many in stock atm

moons
18-05-2009, 02:18 PM
So can't compare 08 model prices unless your gunning for one. Altho i would say not many in stock atm

True, but at the same time you can't compare retail prices to genuine deals. I paid 43k for my 08 Type R (in early 08) when the rec retail was $43 on road and I had a slew of extras (at least $3k (RRP)) included.

To clarify: Last year I heard of 08 Type Rs going for $39k drive away which means that you can just increment the price increase ($1k or whatever it was) to that real world drive away figure and you should be close to a "good deal."

You'd be surprised at just how low dealers will go if you have your banter worked out. And I'll say it again: Shop around at all the other dealers except for your local one - Once you have worked out what you want to pay, go to your local Honda dealer and hit them with a figure you're happy with (under everyone elses).

I'm 99% sure local dealers have incentives from Honda to secure deals within their designated zone.

Most dealers openly laughed at the deal I got - in fact one dealer told me $46-7k was the best I could hope for anywhere in Melbourne and that was for an 07!

AND.. I almost forgot - NEVER EVER GO TO NEW WORLD HONDA IN BERWICK or FTG HONDA, now that I think of it..

ViVi
18-05-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I agreed with Moons, you should shop around. Some dealer can give you best price. You have bargain power .. :)

Good luck ..

EG4
18-05-2009, 02:44 PM
True, but at the same time you can't compare retail prices to genuine deals. I paid 43k for my 08 Type R (in early 08) when the rec retail was $43 on road and I had a slew of extras (at least $3k (RRP)) included.

To clarify: Last year I heard of 08 Type Rs going for $39k drive away which means that you can just increment the price increase ($1k or whatever it was) to that real world drive away figure and you should be close to a "good deal."

You'd be surprised at just how low dealers will go if you have your banter worked out. And I'll say it again: Shop around at all the other dealers except for your local one - Once you have worked out what you want to pay, go to your local Honda dealer and hit them with a figure you're happy with (under everyone elses).

I'm 99% sure local dealers have incentives from Honda to secure deals within their designated zone.

Most dealers openly laughed at the deal I got - in fact one dealer told me $46-7k was the best I could hope for anywhere in Melbourne and that was for an 07!

AND.. I almost forgot - NEVER EVER GO TO NEW WORLD HONDA IN BERWICK or FTG HONDA, now that I think of it..

What;s the point of leaving your local honda dealer last if they can not give you the best price. The ones that are usually the best priced at the ones with the least overhead since they have the most for movmement.

All Honda dealers have a base on where they would head to and they will not undercut beyond this line.

Still its best to compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges. we are in a different climate compared to the start of 08. Yes they would want your business, but as far as i know stocks in certain models are limited and they will not budge beyond a certain figure unless it suits them for a further benefit.

Also we must not forget to price in the interest rate of the previous 3 months in order to work out the current cost of the car since any stock you purchase now would have been bought 3 months ago when the currency was low.

Incidently i got my car from New World Honda, they aren't that bad to deal with. I got stonewalled from a few other places before going there

moons
18-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Incidently i got my car from New World Honda, they aren't that bad to deal with. I got stonewalled from a few other places before going there

Me too - And for the record, their sales team was excellent.

But wait till your first service.. I have free car hire from them (for servicing/warranty) as part of my contract but I wouldn't let their service department look at my car, let alone service it - even if the service was free!

Standard Operating procedure for New World Honda service department (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2156691&postcount=13)

LOL.

And I'll say it again since you missed it:

Shop around, identify the best deal then go to your local dealer...I'm 99% sure local dealers have incentives from Honda to secure deals within their designated zone.

:wave:

EG4
18-05-2009, 04:56 PM
now your putting chills down my spine, my first service is coming up this friday

Muzzy
19-05-2009, 09:33 AM
I managed to get the same deal on a black auto for 34k.
Also got rear spoiler, CTP, 1st year rego, premium plates and all that stuff...

Been going real smooth since I purchased. Love the car :)

I just purchased a Sport 09 black auto with matts, tint, reverse sensors

for $36400 driveaway.

I think if you can find the VTI purchase thread somewhere you can take off the costs of my extras to derive back to the base cost. That will give you an indication of what the best price will be