PDA

View Full Version : New shock absorbers for gen 1 CR-V

Alpine
11-05-2009, 10:54 AM
My 2001 gen 1 CR-V with almost 100,000km on the odo could need new shockies - the ride has become very bouncy and it just bounces everywhere. It is still on the original shocks from when the car was new.

I am now looking for some good replacement shocks. Is KYB a good brand to go with? I won't go with Monroe ever again due to repeated bad experience with them on a previous car (a Mitsubishi). Can anybody recommend a good place to go to for a quote for my CR-V around the Brisbane area?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

slidetaker
14-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Are you sure the OEM shocks are worn? CRV's seems to last for a while....May be you travel rough roads more than most people don't know.

KYB is good OEM replacement and seems to last awhile...

Koni Yellow and Bilstein are performance shocks. They are a bit more expensive.

It is a good idea to consider the ability to revalve in the future. Given your situation may require more suspensive servicing.

dsp26
14-05-2009, 09:32 AM
^^^now your suggestions are good... but can you confirm that their available for his model?

+rep for you if you can actually find him links.

but the revalve idea is better... get Koni to do it... it'll be better than how it came from factory.

slidetaker
15-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Sorry, I got no time to find the links. KYB, Knoi and Bilstein do make shocks for Gen 1 CRV. I know what I am saying.

Beside, Alpine knows it because he also browses the States forum. I think he is just trying to confirm his options in Ozhonda.