PDA

View Full Version : Coil Over noise over bump/ bumpy road

detasemen88
11-05-2009, 03:44 PM
just installed Buddy Club N+ coil over on the weekend. it was all perfect, expect that the rear wheel on passenger side makes 'clunking' noise whenever going over bumpy road, even the slightest bump would trigger the noise.

Any idea what i sould do? or if anyone had this experience?:(

mnc
11-05-2009, 06:36 PM
I run the same coils and mine don't make that much noise? Maybe it's the fact that the Coils are still new or it could be the damper adjustments?

detasemen88
11-05-2009, 06:46 PM
it's very annoying... anyway the car is in the garage who installed the coilover on the weekend, i am yet to find out what cause the noise.

SiReal
11-05-2009, 06:51 PM
are they brand new? and installed correctly?

i bet the top hat or strut top mounts are loose. or they didnt tighten the spring perches properly...

thats why u learn to mod the car yourself, at least you know ur taking full car and precaution.

detasemen88
11-05-2009, 07:04 PM
aha.... i am too lazy to do it myself....

yes they are brand new coilover..., and fittings are included.....

lil_foy
11-05-2009, 09:08 PM
aha.... i am too lazy to do it myself....

yes they are brand new coilover..., and fittings are included.....

Well being too lazy just ment your suspension is probably loose.
Just hope it didnt wreck anything.

Not thattttt hard to do coilovers.

VTECMACHINE
12-05-2009, 01:11 AM
Spring preload correct?

detasemen88
12-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Well being too lazy just ment your suspension is probably loose.
Just hope it didnt wreck anything.

Not thattttt hard to do coilovers.

Lil_foy !!!! thanks man!!! yeah being too lazy make me overlooked some simple things ;)

Anyway, we figured out that the spring was not in proper position and one of the top mount bolt/washer was a bit loose. so no more noise now :)

but I was wondering if the rear coilovers are shorter than the OEM strut/shock setup. Cos I was turning to go up a steep ramp, my buddy in the other car said one of my rear wheel was hanging off the ground (does not come to contact with the road surface).

so to prove that, i went up a street kerb, with both my front wheels first, and then slowly driving up the car, and he was right, one of the rear wheel (both left or right) was hanging off the ground. It was like the coilover spring/shock is not long enough to let the tyres to come in contact with the ground.

anyone have this issue with coilover? are are they normal? i am very concerned with safety issue. but only happen to the rear wheels.

SiReal
12-05-2009, 01:32 PM
nice, three wheeling. i have three wheeling as well.

thats the nature of coilovers.

45SET
12-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the awesome world of 3 wheeling. When your car is 3 wheeling around corners... that is when you are TRUELY awesome.

Just make sure there are chicks around when you do it though... apparently it "getz da bitchz!!"

detasemen88
12-05-2009, 01:44 PM
WHAT???? are you guys serious about this?? well these coilover things are new to me, cos i never have them....

I thought it may be dangerous to the car and the driver.

i remember that using OEM rear shock/strut, when you jack up the car, the gap between the rear wheel and the wheel arch is about 20 cm. but using coilover, the gap is narrowed to only 10 cm!!!.

we got lots of uneven roads, bad road conditons, partial speed bumps, i am just afraid that it could be dangerous....

so it is normal i guess??

45SET
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
it is normal...

Just like the 2nd gear crunch in a DC5R...

stupid cars.

detasemen88
12-05-2009, 02:02 PM
haha... yep that's the other thing people had been complaining.

but mine usually does that only when the car is not really hot, but after 10 mins of driving, it is fine.