PDA

View Full Version : D16Y1 cutting out when its too cold

EG52NV
12-05-2009, 10:15 AM
So yesterday night the engine cut out on me twice,

what I was doing yesterday night

Got home by train walked to my car in the car park started it up left it idle for the usual 2-3mins and started my 10 min drive home form the station.

got home turned car off, 30 mins later time to go out for dinner, started up car warmed up for 2 mins again started driving.

about 2 mins into driving, the car kind of semi stalled, -> gear was engage I'm driving along at about 2000rpm and car looses power for a split second, engine light blinks once and car has power again. Not sure wtf happened I just continued on my way to dinner.

3 more mins down the road I come to set of traffic lights, shift to neutral and start braking till I stopped, when I was completely stopped I noticed the car was quieter then normal, look down at the revs and its at 0 so this time the car had stalled completely.

Still not sure what happened I turned the key engine started instantly and I started driving again towards my dinner destination no more cut outs after that.

when the car stalled the second time I checked out the the water temp gauge and it was sitting at about 1/4 from cold.

any idea what going on?

EG52NV
12-05-2009, 10:18 AM
Damn it! can a mod please move to correct forum, thanks

Mugen_B16B
13-05-2009, 02:15 PM
check ur starter motor leads? could be lose therefore cutting out power to the plugs