PDA

View Full Version : Type S Shift Boot

Frankie
12-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi Guys
My Mate has a type S and his shift boot is starting to rip and was wondering how would he go about replacing it.

Cheers

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Mine ripping apart to, Ive been looking for just a black leather one lately! if he pulls up the center console youll see underneath that its stapled in, all you have to do is remove the old one and replace with the new using the chrome piece as a guide and lock!

bootyliscious
12-05-2009, 10:43 AM
My friend got a replacement from ebay, 50 dollars i think, and it was actually better quality than OEM one. Leather and red stitching. You get it ordered from the usa

Frankie
12-05-2009, 12:59 PM
is it a straight swap just like Ek9 shift boot into a eg or EK???
What if you wanted to get just the oem parts do you need to buy the whole surrounding interior parts or can you just buy the shift boot

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Im sure ive seen the shift boot only for sale complete with the connector for the OEM knob for sale from honda for like $75 or something, should call your local dealer and find out their price as it can vary from place to place

Frankie
12-05-2009, 01:02 PM
okay cool so it would be just like a straight swap like the other shift boots

45SET
12-05-2009, 01:11 PM
My friend got a replacement from ebay, 50 dollars i think, and it was actually better quality than OEM one. Leather and red stitching. You get it ordered from the usa

So we could get it sent to your place (As your in the US) and you could send it over cheaper...?

Cause your in the US and all

bootyliscious
12-05-2009, 01:14 PM
So we could get it sent to your place (As your in the US) and you could send it over cheaper...?

Cause your in the US and all

Im sure it doesnt matter bout the price, its the same price from them sending it to you than me sending it.

Frankie
12-05-2009, 01:15 PM
I think someone should do a shift boot change in a Type S

45SET
12-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Im sure it doesnt matter bout the price, its the same price from them sending it to you than me sending it.

Well what if i want to buy something from the states (Were you live), but they don't ship overseas. Would you be able to help "a brother out" (Thats how you talk over in the States isn't it), by me sending the stuff to your place, and then you sending it onto me?

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 01:21 PM
I think someone should do a shift boot change in a Type S

Ill Do one as soon as i can, just need to get of my ass and buy one, im just a lil scaqred at the moment cause if i get off my ass and expose it 45SET might get to aroused!

45SET
12-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Differant states man.

And I'm not the one seeking "Male to Male" on a relationship website...

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 01:24 PM
bro do u know how many fags are up in QLD????? its like everyone up their is a fag producing machine! you should watch out bro!

Frankie
12-05-2009, 01:25 PM
yeh DIY would be great Tony

45SET
12-05-2009, 01:30 PM
bro do u know how many fags are up in QLD????? its like everyone up their is a fag producing machine! you should watch out bro!

Sif... everyone up here is a Hill Billy... except for me... cause i'm European!

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 01:51 PM
Robi your Aussie, Unless you wear an adididas tracksuit & everlast hat everywere you go your considered to be Australian, unless you grab yo dick every 10 seconds to make sure its still thier or put a hectic cannon on your work car, your still considered aussie!

45SET
12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
Robi your Aussie, Unless you wear an adididas tracksuit & everlast hat everywere you go your considered to be Australian, unless you grab yo dick every 10 seconds to make sure its still thier or put a hectic cannon on your work car, your still considered aussie!

Funny you should say the Adidas tracksuit... as i actually have a white Adidas jumper on the back of my chair... it was cold this morning.

As for grabbing my dick every 10 sec to make sure its still there... I don't do that, only cause i can feel it against my knee every 10 sec...

bootyliscious
12-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Funny you should say the Adidas tracksuit... as i actually have a white Adidas jumper on the back of my chair... it was cold this morning.

As for grabbing my dick every 10 sec to make sure its still there... I don't do that, only cause i can feel it against my knee every 10 sec...

You guys are sooo lame!

chargeR
12-05-2009, 02:00 PM
You could get a Type R shift boot. That would make your car ever so slightly better because if it ain't a Type R it ain't a tight car.

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 02:03 PM
every time i see the name "bootyliscious" i just keep saying in my head "FURGALISHOUS" over & over & over again!

45SET
12-05-2009, 02:06 PM
You could get a Type R shift boot. That would make your car ever so slightly better because if it ain't a Type R it ain't a tight car.

Damn straight... and thats what i keep telling these Type S owners... but they just don't understand.

bootyliscious
12-05-2009, 02:07 PM
every time i see the name "bootyliscious" i just keep saying in my head "FURGALISHOUS" over & over & over again!

a huh thats right, i know you want :P

Damn straight... and thats what i keep telling these Type S owners... but they just don't understand.

Ahh excuse me, im sure TYPE S is better than type r :p

45SET
12-05-2009, 02:12 PM
WHy would you care... you own a NSX...

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Robi man do u seriosuly wanna start this argument again, last time it took up 30+ pages and you ended up getting owned! i dont think Charge R is gonna hang around to support youe either!

Dont forget, no matter what u guys do were always gonna have 7 more kw, 2 more Nm and a much tighter gearbox 7 suspension package, not to mention the looks!

45SET
12-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Type S well NEVER be better then Type R...

Just cause your a soft **** and didn't want to get a decent car (IE: Type R) don't take your anger on your decision out on me.

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Type S well NEVER be better then Type R...

Just cause your a soft **** and didn't want to get a decent car (IE: Type R) don't take your anger on your decision out on me.

newer, more spohisticated, more powerful, handles better, looks better, double din head unit,leather interior, no shopping trolley handle,bigger stock rims,better sounding exhaust..........

Do u really want me to keep going on?

45SET
12-05-2009, 02:44 PM
newer - Dosn't always mean better
more spohisticated - In what way?
more powerful - On paper yes... in practise is another story
handles better - Lets move on...
looks better - Each to there own
double din head unit - its actually a 1.5din... and seems to be a pain in the ass
leather interior - How is that an advantage?
no shopping trolley handle - ??
bigger stock rims - Next
better sounding exhaust - Really... you REALLY think so.

Type R has:
Recaro's - one of the most sought after seats amounst "tuners"
Rear intrusion bar - I know you don't like having one
Stiffer chassis
Red honda badges

Need i say more?

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 02:51 PM
newer - in this case it does mean better!
more spohisticated - looks alot sharper than the R
more powerful - On paper yes & at traffic lights yes
handles better - The type S shocks have stiffer springs than that of the R
looks better - Well let the ladies decide
double din head unit - its actually very convenient and easy to navigate through, can plug your i-pod right in also due to the AUX input hole!!!
leather interior - feels better on the skin,smells better,ladies prefer d leather
no shopping trolley handle - no massive jap spec rear wing so everybody can point and laugh at!
bigger stock rims - bigger & better looking stock rims!
better sounding exhaust - the stock exhaust on the type S has a deeper noise than that of the R, its even written down in every car review you will ever read on the car

Type R has:
Recaro's - yeah alright, if im tracking the car every day
Rear intrusion bar - Well what can i say, the metal used to build the type S chasis is far superior to that of an R's thus the need for a rear intrusion bar is eliminated
Stiffer chassis- how????
Red honda badges- ill give you that 1

[Type_R]
12-05-2009, 02:56 PM
I see what your saying there 45SET, but none of us have the Real deal - JDM DC5!

45SET
12-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Tony

I beleive we should call a truse.

We can not agree on this matter... and we are just distroying our friendship over it... actually... the only reason we have a friendship is because of the fact you think your car is better then mine and i think my car is better then yours...

Fark it... lets keep fighting

45SET
12-05-2009, 02:58 PM
;2261727']I see what your saying there 45SET, but none of us have the Real deal - JDM DC5!

JDM DC5R is for pussies (I hope that dude that has a JDM DC5R in Brisbane dosn't see that post :wave:)

[Type_R]
12-05-2009, 02:59 PM
i also agree with the red badges.. they ripped type S off with that one!!!

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Tony

I beleive we should call a truse.

We can not agree on this matter... and we are just distroying our friendship over it... actually... the only reason we have a friendship is because of the fact you think your car is better then mine and i think my car is better then yours...

Fark it... lets keep fighting

If u ever go soft on me like that eva again.......................

[Type_R]
12-05-2009, 03:01 PM
type s = sexy
type r = ?

45SET
12-05-2009, 03:10 PM
If u ever go soft on me like that eva again.......................

LOL

Type S = Slow
Type S = SARS
Type S = AIDS

Type R = Race
Type R = Radical

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 03:12 PM
My S is in the VIP, your R got the HIV!

[Type_R]
12-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Type S = Sexy
Type S = Sexy
Type S = Sexy

Type R = redo

[Type_R]
12-05-2009, 03:16 PM
My S is in the VIP, your R got the HIV!

haha is this a song?

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Type R = Reposesed!

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 03:17 PM
;2261767']haha is this a song?

ya, mickey avalon- My Dick!, you tube it! the song refers to Robi alot about having no dick & HIV at the same time????

[Type_R]
12-05-2009, 03:18 PM
ya, mickey avalon- My Dick!, you tube it! the song refers to Robi alot about having no dick & HIV at the same time????

yeah i thought it was 'my dick'. nice one.

45SET
12-05-2009, 03:28 PM
fark you faggot

got any more dicks on that site yet man?

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 03:30 PM
My Dick need no introduction, Yo Dick dont even function!

Type S Tony
12-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Betty Kazos u know someone really likes u when ur pumping backstreet boys and he doesnt complain...and actually watches u smiling as ur singing along to shape of my heart really loud in the m5 tunnel LOL
3 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike
You and Stef Lesser like this.
Stef Lesser likes this.
Huss Abbas
Huss Abbas at 3:28pm May 12
i would of ripped the cd player out and launched it lol
Anthony Kiaris
Anthony Kiaris at 3:33pm May 12
if we were in my car you wouldnt be able to hear backstreet boys over the sound of my V-TECHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Write a comment...

Burley
13-05-2009, 08:17 PM
hey all...if anyone is needing these.... i can do them in imitation leather, as no oem or aftermarket is genuine leather....i can do them anycolour 50 including post...just send me ur old one....by the way, yes i am a motor trimmer, my business is creative car interiors and im located in the central west

Frankie
15-05-2009, 09:28 AM
hey all...if anyone is needing these.... i can do them in imitation leather, as no oem or aftermarket is genuine leather....i can do them anycolour 50 including post...just send me ur old one....by the way, yes i am a motor trimmer, my business is creative car interiors and im located in the central west

Cool thanks alot man