PDA

View Full Version : Engine vibrating + shaking on idle after..

Chriskoss
14-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Hey guys

So I wasn't paying attention driving last night and my gps said to turn left in the split of a second cuz of its shitty lag so I took the corner a bit late.. locked up the brakes and went up the median strip.
Its one of those strips that has triangle edges not like flat so my 2 front wheels went up it fine.. not too much of an impact.

i just recently noticed though that now the engine is shaking a bit more on idle than usual.
Yes I searched about engine shaking, and just confirming could such an impact cause engine mounts to brake?
cheers

fitvpower
14-05-2009, 01:48 PM
Hey guys

So I wasn't paying attention driving last night and my gps said to turn left in the split of a second cuz of its shitty lag so I took the corner a bit late.. locked up the brakes and went up the median strip.
Its one of those strips that has triangle edges not like flat so my 2 front wheels went up it fine.. not too much of an impact.

i just recently noticed though that now the engine is shaking a bit more on idle than usual.
Yes I searched about engine shaking, and just confirming could such an impact cause engine mounts to brake?
cheers

yo!
when you were in idle..was it in gear? or not?

dsp26
14-05-2009, 02:09 PM
check your engine mounts. is the rubber cracked?

wynode
14-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Sounds like damaged engine mounts to me too. Might even be the rear mount which is that much harder to get access to.

dsp26
14-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Sounds like damaged engine mounts to me too. Might even be the rear mount which is that much harder to get access to.

yeah lol.

i promised myself that if by chance my solid rear mount goes i'd just install engine torque dampeners instead to somewhat alleviate the issue..... not even fully accessible when the intake manifold is off :/

but your right the rear is the most significant. i did solids on the other 4 and it wasn't until the rear was changed too that engine movement completely stopped.

Chriskoss
14-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Fitv - in neutral
Dsp26 - they dont seem to be cracked just all look old with age.. the vibration isnt THAT bad.. but I did notice driving back from newcastle to sydney used like more than 1/4 for 140 kms.. normally its only just hitting 1/4 of a tank.. I read somewhere loss of power if engines mounts are stuffed and I felt it wasn't as powerful as before...

dsp26
15-05-2009, 08:51 AM
your car shaking at highway speeds?

usually when you mount a curb your alignment goes way off.... BUT.. wheels/tyres casuing vibration is more of a wheel balance thing.

when the car is idle, rev the car via the throttle rotor, do you notice that your engine rocks A LOT more than usual?

Chriskoss
15-05-2009, 03:57 PM
your car shaking at highway speeds?

usually when you mount a curb your alignment goes way off.... BUT.. wheels/tyres casuing vibration is more of a wheel balance thing.

when the car is idle, rev the car via the throttle rotor, do you notice that your engine rocks A LOT more than usual?

Nah not really shaking an highway speeds.. more like when braking from 80km + to like 20km.. so maybe its just wheel alignment.. the steering wheel isn't that much out though just a smidgen..

It does however choke a bit below the 3k rpm mark.. then picks up after.. thought that had to do with engine mounts but I think it cud be alot of things lol

cheers man

Chriskoss
15-05-2009, 04:02 PM
:eek: yep messed it up bad. Better check everything under the car. Better drive slowly or a wheel may fall off.

Yea sure mate.. try to keep up with the adults k?

Chriskoss
16-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Well for sure K guess I have to write in kiddie language. But anyway check the roundness of your wheels. There is a good chance you bent the crap out of one or the other when you couldn't drive well enough to stay on the road and bounced over a curb.:eek:

Yep ok