PDA

View Full Version : Integra Vtir Vibration (Drive Shaft???)

Mr_Vti-r
14-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey guys,

I had a problem about 3 months ago, were the drivers side wheel felt like it was wobbling side to side, took it to my mech. and we ended up having to change the drive shaft, that solved the problem, but my mech said that they couldn't really find a problem with the old shaft, but the new shaft had solved the problem. Today i did push it in 1st (not redline or anything) but all of a sudden that same wobble has come back. Is it just bad-luck that its happened again or is it something else??

What happens is

The whole car vibrates, the driver side wheel feels like its wobbling side to side, which gets worse as you speed up. When i come to a stop the wobble slows down and i can feel a knocking/vibration through the wall behind the pedals as if something is bent or out of place, also the shifter shakes side to side and gets worse as u go from about 3rd onwards. :confused:

lil_foy
14-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Wheel bearing?

rmalov
14-05-2009, 10:07 PM
does it wobble when u dont brake? if it only does it wen u brake ur discs could be warped

Mr_Vti-r
14-05-2009, 10:30 PM
The wheel bearings have been checked and they were fine, and it does wobble if i don't break aswell

Webby_roller
14-05-2009, 11:46 PM
i know it sounds stupid.. But check if all your wheel nuts are tight... I didnt check this in my first car and it started to wobble, then all of a sudden it snapped the loose wheel nut off and threw my car into a crazy wobble... Not fun when in peak hr traffic

T-onedc2
16-05-2009, 05:29 PM
A missing wheel weight perhaps?

eght
17-05-2009, 09:04 PM
A missing wheel weight perhaps?
doubt its that. mr vti-r said he can feel a knock on the firewall behind the pedals. only thing i can think of that is near there is the steering column. so perhaps the ball join on the end of the steering arm is fudged and is sending vibrations up to the column.

so try replacing the steering arm and ball joint.

Mr_Vti-r
18-05-2009, 11:19 AM
eght do u think if it was the steering arm and ball joint, would the vibration get worse with speed? i had a mate look at it and he thinks its the new driveshaft put in, wasnt sure, so will be takin it back 2 mech who put the shaft in.