PDA

View Full Version : Civic Vtir EK VS Pulsar SSS N15

Qwooootz
01-11-2004, 09:17 PM
what would you say against this reply??...!!

Posted on TGS forums by M****: Oct 30 2004, 11:45 PM

Torque Wins over the street vs KW

KW is for track to the trained driver.

SSS - Will output 90-95kw at the wheels for its 103KW engine output (underated)

VTI-R will also put out between 80-95KW at the wheels

Modifying the Vtec will lose power and torque - hondas are very picky when installing headers, air filters. They will lose something so thinking of modifying it simply says you dont trust hondas 15+ years engineering of the B16.

And most importantly when Cams are thrown in with larger duration. VTEC will be disabled thus no longer being a vtec engine technicaly.

Whatever money you put on a SSS will put down the vtec. Plus the fact that the nissan will be more legal over the honda in the emissions game when tuning.

A really 1.6L making 200HP+ will never pass RTA emissions due to the black smoke of unburnt fuel popping out

ginganggooly
01-11-2004, 09:25 PM
not that it really carries much weight -insert dyno numbers comment here- but last time i went to a shootout mode dyno dynamics dyno day with sss's, they made 73kw a piece, compared to my car with the same mods (header and exhaust) putting out 92kw, the civic pulled 82 from memory. bog stock.

wynode
01-11-2004, 09:30 PM
This is what the SSS people had to say on the topic:
http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?t=566

Make up your own mind.........but basically the vti-r will win (although the SSS might be quicker off the mark).

(If you searched you would have found your answer)

R96P-EJ8
01-11-2004, 09:36 PM
hehe a quote from someone there "Went for a test drive in a Civic VTi-R (sedan).." hrmm didn't know civic VTi-R came out in sedans :D

Civic Type R
01-11-2004, 09:44 PM
This exact comparison has already been covered before.
I did it last year.

Stock civic 97' VTiR hatch vs stock N14/ N15 Pulsar SSS
The civic won on the 1/4 by 0.2 of a second on 3 runs

SiR
01-11-2004, 09:45 PM
hehe a quote from someone there "Went for a test drive in a Civic VTi-R (sedan).." hrmm didn't know civic VTi-R came out in sedans :D

There are VTi-R/SiR sedans - just not in Oz ;)

jackosimm
01-11-2004, 09:47 PM
least they admitting vtec is gutsy

wynode
01-11-2004, 10:09 PM
SiR sedans..........but no vti-r sedans (a lot of people consue vtis as being DOHC vtec)

bennjamin
01-11-2004, 10:22 PM
SSS - Will output 90-95kw at the wheels for its 103KW engine output (underated)

As much bad grammar i could point out in my bored+sick ways of this quote - i aim my thought towards the above sentence.

Is the transmission of a SSS , SO advanced - that it enables to lose only 8kws or so through it....compared to the "lots of black smoke no no" ek4 - losing 30kw or so ?

/ends sarcasm :rolleyes:

SiR
01-11-2004, 10:26 PM
SiR sedans..........but no vti-r sedans (a lot of people consue vtis as being DOHC vtec)

The EK4 is called 'SiR' in foreign markets, but is the same as our VTi-R. Therefore, there are VTi-R sedans, only that it's called the SiR but still runs the same B16A2.

wynode
01-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Yes.......but its not called a vti-r......hence no vti-r sedans :)

vteccoupe
02-11-2004, 02:22 AM
The EK4 is called 'SiR' in foreign markets, but is the same as our VTi-R. Therefore, there are VTi-R sedans, only that it's called the SiR but still runs the same B16A2.

there is actually quite some diff..for example the EK4 sedan in singapore which is called SIR...comes with the same B16A2..bt is JDM datz y its 170hp as compare to AUDM 160hp..

also the EK4s in singapore comes with leather wrapped steering wheel with red stitching if im nt wrong..and also the leather gearknob...and obviously comes with 180km/h limit speedo :)

and the honda scene in singapore is realli very happening as in...most of the illegal street racers are in EK4s...EG6..EG9..all JDM looking...spoon/mugen stuffs...recaros and shit...haha no loud decals or wat so ever..jz plain looking JDM style..and at orchard rd where illegal street racing starts at around 2am-4/5am....all these illegal street racers comes out in groups...90% EKs or EG civic ....
no skyline or supra (too rare and expensive in singapore)
lotsa honda fans around...vtec rulezz

GaryD
02-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Pulsar sss' will usually put out 75-80kw stock standard. low 15s can be had with minor mods like extractors, pod etc. Someone has actually run 14.9 with a catback, adjusted timing and a pod. But that would have been a fluke.

vteccoupe, when im next in singapore ill have to drop you a line, my parents live close to orchard rd :D id love to come out to a meet

egSi
02-11-2004, 07:21 AM
This is what the SSS people had to say on the topic:
http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?t=566

Make up your own mind.........but basically the vti-r will win (although the SSS might be quicker off the mark).

(If you searched you would have found your answer)

win you r on a PULSAR forum?

OMFG the GOD FATHER has left his followers for the darkside :(

lol i dont care ;)

spoondc2
02-11-2004, 02:41 PM
People who lose power after moding their B16, means they don't know how to mod vtec, study more physics and they will understand why they lose power

luzinit
02-11-2004, 04:14 PM
dont need to study physics, just do whats been proven and done :)

Lyle_Style
02-11-2004, 04:39 PM
i doubt a SSS would put out 95 Fwkw i reccon heaps less
those sr20s are pretty shit na

Speeder
02-11-2004, 05:26 PM

sr20de are a bit underpowered......however:
sr20s arent bad engines at all. the sr20ve which aus market missed out were the equalivant of the b18c, output of around 140kw at the motor.
personally i dont think you have any idea :rolleyes:

J-MuN
02-11-2004, 05:31 PM
and the honda scene in singapore is realli very happening as in...most of the illegal street racers are in EK4s...EG6..EG9..all JDM looking.....and at orchard rd where illegal street racing starts at around 2am-4/5am....all these illegal street racers comes out in groups...90% EKs or EG civic ....
no skyline or supra (too rare and expensive in singapore)
lotsa honda fans around...vtec rulezz

wat!? on orchard rd?... dats pretty intense...

joneblaze
02-11-2004, 06:40 PM
WHAT??? They street race on Orchard Rd??? LOL.... sif.
*memo to self: keep eyes peeled on next trip home...*

I thought all the illegal racing was taken over the border to M'sia/JB or out in the industrial areas..... those fools racing in the CBD area must have serious head issues... lol

Btw vteccoupe.... pics/link/site of S'porean car scene please? :) Am keen to check it out

J-MuN
02-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Btw vteccoupe.... pics/link/site of S'porean car scene please? :) Am keen to check it out

yeh vteccoupe, very interested too.. wanna c the honda scene back home.. hehe

Qwooootz
02-11-2004, 09:55 PM
same here im interested aswell.. pics posted or a linkwould be ausome..!!!

vteccoupe
02-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Pulsar sss' will usually put out 75-80kw stock standard. low 15s can be had with minor mods like extractors, pod etc. Someone has actually run 14.9 with a catback, adjusted timing and a pod. But that would have been a fluke.

vteccoupe, when im next in singapore ill have to drop you a line, my parents live close to orchard rd :D id love to come out to a meet

im currently in perth...hehe...going back for christmas end of e year...r u singaporean? :wave:

vteccoupe
02-11-2004, 10:55 PM
wat!? on orchard rd?... dats pretty intense...

yeah...its the prime area of singapore..bt when midnite comes..either on friday or saturday...all e civics comes out in group :wave:

vteccoupe
02-11-2004, 10:58 PM
WHAT??? They street race on Orchard Rd??? LOL.... sif.
*memo to self: keep eyes peeled on next trip home...*

I thought all the illegal racing was taken over the border to M'sia/JB or out in the industrial areas..... those fools racing in the CBD area must have serious head issues... lol

yeah..if im nt wrong they had moved over to JB...more relaxed rules..and of cz heaps of spaces for them to play around.. :D
also...the famous cofee shop just in front of singapore national library called the S11 had closed down...not sure what's the reason behind that :confused:

ur singaporean?

there's this incident which happened during singapore national day...during midnite..when an evo was chased after by police...end up he was surrounded..nt wanting to surrender..he ram his evo over the police's bike in front..and injured e police...and the police jz drag him out and gave him a hella of a good time (u get wat i mean)..in front of so many people at the scene...

hey dnt really have any pictures..bt have seen evos..wrxs...type Rs..civics EG EK..lancer mivec..suzuki swift GTI..Daihatsu Charade GTti...
mainly consist of lower capacity cars...occasionally ferraris/maseratis (very rare though)

vteccoupe
02-11-2004, 10:59 PM
yeh vteccoupe, very interested too.. wanna c the honda scene back home.. hehe

:)

have seen this around somewhere in orchard road at nite
http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info.php?cid=SCN3319C&did=1000

4door JDM SIR
http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info.php?cid=SCW4904J&did=1000
http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info.php?cid=SDE3461J&did=1000

EK civic type R
http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info.php?cid=SCX4245Y&did=1003

BryanE
02-11-2004, 11:09 PM
I think It just depends on the driver.......if you got some BLING parts installed in your ride BUT you cant drive for sh!t no point.... this is only my opinion thats all.....

Qwooootz
03-11-2004, 09:11 AM
whoa civics that range from 30k - 60k+ thats crazy lol :D :o

Mr. Focus
03-11-2004, 09:20 AM
is it just me or were they really expensive civics????

VTi-R Civic
03-11-2004, 09:48 AM
I think the guy in the original post is letting his bias effect his logic.

GaryD
03-11-2004, 09:59 AM
im currently in perth...hehe...going back for christmas end of e year...r u singaporean? :wave:

nah im a white aussie (only one on this site i think lol). my parents teach at an australian school in singapore though

LuKeM
03-11-2004, 10:02 AM
hey gary.....i thought i was the only one!! :wave:

its ''BooSSSt'' by the way hehe

wynode
03-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Keep it on topic please.

silvia200sx
03-11-2004, 06:42 PM

as much as i love the sr20, especially the sr20det, i beleive they wouldn't put out around 95kw at wheels standard, i reckon they would put out around80 at the wheels, but it is not a shit engine by all means, its a sr20det without turbo so, for example think if nissan had vtec like engine it would make much more power than 105kw at fly and remember there are silvia rwd running standard over 120 kw at the fly!

wynode
03-11-2004, 07:03 PM
It all depends on the dyno.

And Nissan did made a DOHC variable valve lift engine called the SR20VE (Neo VVL) which made a heck of a lot more than the non-type R honda models :)

nobbs
03-11-2004, 11:18 PM
guys a couple of weeks ago i had 4 runs with a pulsar SSS N14 model (2 rolling runs and 2 runs off the lights) and i beat him every time....id pull about 1-2 car lenghts on him, he had a cat back exhaust and my car is totally stock (vtir civic), just a rear muffler on my stock exhaust system....

GaryD
04-11-2004, 08:42 AM
It all depends on the dyno.

And Nissan did made a DOHC variable valve lift engine called the SR20VE (Neo VVL) which made a heck of a lot more than the non-type R honda models :)

Hopefully about par with the type r models with a bit of luck :D ill let you know soon ;)

I heart the SSS
06-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Thread is very interesting.

Bar some of the fanboy usual talk, i USED to own a SSS myself.

It was a n14 aus spec (or series one as they liked to be called).

I've owned plenty of J spec (series 2) n14's due to the fact that they are a touch heavier then my car (sunroof, power windows etc).

Before any modification was done, "sex spec" VTEC civics with stupidly gay rims and other pointless mods lost to my car.

Go figure? Just shitty driving and pointless weight. I Do admitt some stock looking EK's have taken me by more then half a car length or so, i'm not a heroic fanboy and I can admitt my car lost a few bouts. I also admitt **** knows what was under their hood.

Once I did some cam work and played around with her (decent zorst other bolt ons) she was quick. (I know you've heard about 342,543 SSS owners say their SSS is quick, but i'm trying to be frank here, it was far from stock, and she did punch)

It was a different story. my car was capable of mid to low 14 second passes with a good driver and no spare. You can chose to believe it or not, but many people had driven my car / been in my car and we all made the same assumpion. I personally recon mid 14's passes would of been realistic.

With the new modification the car used to really go. I'm not going to blab on about silly red light green light races, as they're all pointless.

At the end of the day, a B16 Type R civic STOCK vs a AUSSPEC STOCK sss will result in the SSS loosing (with drives of the same calibre). But too me even VS a n15 which is heavier still! this is a unfair comparison as said before. A SOHC VTEC EG vs a n14 aussie spec SSS is more fair IMO.

The Neo VVL SR20VE however is a different ball park, i believe it's safe to say that'll take a B16.

I recon a Sr16VE will give it a run for it's money.

Your not going to be racing stock cars at the lights illegally everyday of the week, so this is a pointless arugment to be making. Most SSS drivers are utter cocks and TOTALLY kill the image of the SSS. Their are a fair few that know what their doing and really mod their cars well, the other 95 percent just slap on a pod filter and shitty headers and claim they take skylines.

My two cents.

Gio
07-02-2008, 02:35 PM
^ lol good read. But i think that the Type R civic STOCK vs a AUSSPEC STOCK sss is fair as the sss is 2.0 and the b16 is 1.6.

Limbo
07-02-2008, 02:46 PM
i think we should be comparing a k20 to the new SSS.
2.0 vs 2.0 now isn't that more fair?

Gio
07-02-2008, 03:16 PM
There is a new sss, how new?
k20 would eat it

dsp26
07-02-2008, 03:42 PM
^^ditto? didn't know there was a new one....

I'm not gonna be biased as I also used to own an sr20 powered car (NX coupe)...

WE in the the Nissan community know and accept that the K20 is years ahead of the SR20VE even... the only engine we wanted to compete with was the B18c7 or c5 int he states... we know K series is out of our league....

and yes the sss will lose stock as i know how much of a nugget SR20s are bone stock... they lose usable power by about 5400rpm while the B16 starts to pickup.... the torque advantage is lsot on the quarter mile, however at a traffic light war where theres a merge, the SSS will win because the distance will be less than 100m.

But in terms of 'fairness' know this... a VZR N15 SR16ve will beat an EK4 both track/drag (due to power and standard equipment like brakes and sussy being better). An EK9 CTR will beat a VZR, a VZR N1 with SR16ve will beat the EK9 on drag... track would be dependent on driver.

And in addition, Sr20's respond better straight up with bolt-ons hence quite a few of them now being ~110wkw+ plus the torque advantage while untuned... it's because their not as sensitive to air like a B-Series that needs to be tuned with every mod to get the most of it...

Mine had 98wkw with I/H/E and 11:1 CR tuned only with an AFPR to run a tad richer.. as a baseline, a stocker that same dyno day pulled 73wkw.

And i'm sure even ITR owners here will agree... I would rather drive an modded SR20 than a B16 with the same basic bolt-ons... power band feels better and usable over a wider rpm... but i refuse to drive either stock ever again... both nuggets stock.... so nugget that 4AGE20v feel so much better stock with the correct Ae101/Ae111 lsd gearbox.... stocker 16v or carby gearbox are shitty remnants that the tight-arses in the toyota community retain... makes the 20v slow and underestimated....

dsp26
07-02-2008, 03:53 PM
I Heart the SSS: what was your username on PGA, your avatar looks familiar.. you helped me out with an electrical/amp issue ages ago.....

don't worry about the 'fanboys', usually, an NA Honda is the fastest they've driven hence the Fanboy-ness.... notice how a lot of the 12/13sec guys on here never post in these type of threads, coz they know what those seconds feel like....

steve88
07-02-2008, 04:01 PM
sr16VE are nuts, they're tuned by nismo afaik. pretty sure they beat the b16r's

Gio
07-02-2008, 04:02 PM
u make me sad aw :(

dsp26
07-02-2008, 04:08 PM
sr16VE are nuts, they're tuned by nismo afaik. pretty sure they beat the b16r's

nah both N1 and non N1 are straight from Nissan.. and Nismo isn't really the sports company of Nissan. HSV equivalent of Nissan is called "Autech". at the end of the day, i still think anything less than 1.8l is a nugget to drive and you have to rev the **** out of it which isn't road friendly due to noise :p

Specs:
SR16VE - 173hp @ 7800rpm / 119lb torque @ 7200rpm
SR16VE N1 - 197hp @ 7800rpm / 134lb torque @ 7600rpm

^^^But alas, there are only about 1000 actual Series 1 N1 engiens and about 500 Series 2 N1 engines.

It does have a higher Hp per litre than an F20C, the only reason it doesn't officially beat as most powerful per litre manufacturer made engine is coz it was limited production... AFAIK there are now 3 N1s in Australia.....

steve88
07-02-2008, 04:23 PM
i saw a sr16ve and a ek9 was right up its ass but still. well if we want to get picky, then i bet a spoon tuned b16 would rape a sr16ve

Gio
07-02-2008, 04:36 PM
or mugen or a plane

dsp26
07-02-2008, 05:54 PM
i saw a sr16ve and a ek9 was right up its ass but still. well if we want to get picky, then i bet a spoon tuned b16 would rape a sr16ve

yes the spoon one does rape the VZR sr16ve n1 despite it being driven by Keichi Tsuchiya himself... and i have the 30Mb video in my collection... but we also know the spoon one is 280hp which is an amazing achievement with AFTERMARKET parts...

but Spoon isn't Honda is my point... SR16/20VE came out of the Nissan floor compelte with oem parts and tuning....

***edit***
cmon guys, you just gotta accept that technology advances...

just as the SR16 outpowers the B16, the K20 is years ahead of the SR20ve.... but would the fanboys cry if i said that the so called "VTEC" was invented by BMW and not Honda... their VANOS system is also superior to VTEC and i-VTEC , VVTLi, MIVEC and NeoVVL combined...

wait one day when some freak engineer designs powerful and accurate solenoids to drive valves instead of camshafts... there you will have a system that truly has infinitely variable duration and lift.. well maybe not the lift...

I heart the SSS
07-02-2008, 09:00 PM
DSP: thisbetterwork, I'm not sure if it was me haha.

Someone should close this thread before fanboys come and flame with fanboy related like posts -_-.

I still stand by the fact it's a bit of a silly argument.

I'm still a VTEC virgin believe it or not, so I will be able to post my view on whether I'd take a nicely built SR20DE or a B series hopefully soon.

Hopefully fernando takes me for a run in his car as I believe it's near stock.

steve88
07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
yes the spoon one does rape the VZR sr16ve n1 despite it being driven by Keichi Tsuchiya himself... and i have the 30Mb video in my collection... but we also know the spoon one is 280hp which is an amazing achievement with AFTERMARKET parts...

but Spoon isn't Honda is my point... SR16/20VE came out of the Nissan floor compelte with oem parts and tuning....

***edit***
cmon guys, you just gotta accept that technology advances...

just as the SR16 outpowers the B16, the K20 is years ahead of the SR20ve.... but would the fanboys cry if i said that the so called "VTEC" was invented by BMW and not Honda... their VANOS system is also superior to VTEC and i-VTEC , VVTLi, MIVEC and NeoVVL combined...

wait one day when some freak engineer designs powerful and accurate solenoids to drive valves instead of camshafts... there you will have a system that truly has infinitely variable duration and lift.. well maybe not the lift...

i have heard that name. my friend sent me a video of a stock white ek9 vs that sr16ve, the sr16ve was in front. i cried

I heart the SSS
07-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Sounds about right.

dsp26
08-02-2008, 01:30 AM
i have heard that name. my friend sent me a video of a stock white ek9 vs that sr16ve, the sr16ve was in front. i cried

yeah thats the one.. but in the full video there was a race straight after it against the yellow Spoon EK9... was trying to upload to youtube but it times out.. im a noob...

The Spoon EK9 won at the last second only coz the driver was playing around with Tsuchiya in the VZR.. he could've overtaken the Nissan at anytime....

There is one other video that astounds me... AE111 vs EK9 vs Autech N15 (180hp sr20de).

the Ae111 thrashed the other 2.. but apparently according to all the comments, the Ae111 had upgraded brakes which obviously makes a huge difference on on the corners...

aowwllan
08-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Civic VtiR top end > SSS ( both standard )

1-2 gear depends on driver

3> depends on car

hence GG to SSS

still its a 1.6L going against a 2L

more shame GG x 2 FULLY SICK YULL'E

steve88
08-02-2008, 09:19 AM
the day i see a civic take on a GTR, that will make me cream <3. a k24/k20 hybrid would prob beat one but still :(

play_R
09-02-2008, 02:05 AM
civic vtir vs a n14 sss

speaking from experience go the vtir
my best frend used to own a sss recently got rid of it.he had CAI, headers, hi flo cat, full exhaust, machined flywheel and hd clutch.

i was driving my em1 vtir coupe. had ecramic coated decent(slightly better than stok) 4-2-1 headers and a pod filter.

raced many many times. outcome was: on take off all depended on who has a better launch, which most times was me anyways. even with a slightly shitier launch he'd pull off a bit ahead but by time i reach 2nd i already catch up to him. from 2nd on i kept pulling away by a little more in every gear
not by much but winning is winning

only time the sr20de will perform better is on rolling start if the b16a is at under 5000rpm,as the sr will have more torque in lower revs. still b16 will catch up once in high revs

go the VTEK ;)

yfin
09-02-2008, 07:33 AM
It was a different story. my car was capable of mid to low 14 second passes with a good driver and no spare. You can chose to believe it or not, but many people had driven my car / been in my car and we all made the same assumpion. I personally recon mid 14's passes would of been realistic.

Why not assume it is a 13 second car? Seriously mate, guessing what your modded SSS is capable of means nothing. You need slips - everything else is just talk.

Spoon-Accord
09-02-2008, 10:36 AM
BB6 H22a lude vs N14 Sr20DE SSS who would win? lol

i saw a crx turbo take on a GTR and a LAMBO

pretty cool there :)

I heart the SSS
10-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Why not assume it is a 13 second car? Seriously mate, guessing what your modded SSS is capable of means nothing. You need slips - everything else is just talk.

That is all but true, and i agree totally.

We were just trying to make a educated guess nothing more, nothing less. We were not sugar coating NOR bragging about how fast the car is, and that time frame was going on cars with the same / similar mods. They ran mid to low 14's also.

However it is irrlevant without slips. You are correct. Just a educated guess.

shiny_blue
12-02-2008, 11:57 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/shiny_blue/SR16VE/IMG_5496Large.jpg

Gio
12-02-2008, 02:03 PM
this is not a picture thread

I heart the SSS
12-02-2008, 02:27 PM
ahh hello i see that car on PGA ha

shiny_blue
12-02-2008, 02:45 PM
this is not a picture thread

true..

but it is proof that Australia's first SR16VE powered VZ-R is on road. And hence rather than watching videos, reading forums and jumping to large conclusions the possibility for first hand comparisons will be available.

My other VZ-R and my VZ-R N1 shouldn't be too far behind either so there'll be plenty of time to put it up against Honda's and other comparable cars on actual track situations.

Of course there will still be driver variance and different modifications but it'll give at least an interesting comparison.

Gio
12-02-2008, 02:48 PM
^ lol i was joking man. Whos car is this anyway?

shiny_blue
12-02-2008, 03:07 PM
my car!

ctn
12-02-2008, 03:32 PM
SSS are sloooooooow *cries*

Gio
12-02-2008, 06:10 PM
nice!

SHW.70Y
12-02-2008, 06:14 PM
** waits for iamhappy46 to posy **

:p

lol so were comparin civics to pulsars boringgg!!!!! my sss will eat any stok vtir haha but mines modified and in that sense a modified civic vtir will run with or possibly beat me , but at the end of it who cares theres always someone quicker ,faster than you!!!!!

dsp26
12-02-2008, 06:16 PM
my car!

hey mate... was wondering how much you got the VZR N1 for if you don't mind... you can PM me on PGA :)

I knew there was a heap coming, didn't think you'd take 3 lol.

shiny_blue
12-02-2008, 09:01 PM
N1 is yet to get onroad..

The cost of it is all over the place cos I bought it with some panel damage.. then spent a heap getting it made immaculate... Along with test car deals and all sorts the price really isn't indicative of what they'd actually land for..

I can have a look through auction data and give a rough indication of what they'll be landable for if you're keen... on Iron Chef would be able to give you a good idea too.

dsp26
12-02-2008, 09:10 PM
all good will check back on teh forums..... last i read on vrfours thread they were gonna be landed for around $16k.

Just that i'm over the 2-seater crx.... too old for these toy cars but still like 4-bangers... originally it was a choice between WAITING for the VZR N1 or the AE111 BZR levin....

N1 is yet to get onroad..

The cost of it is all over the place cos I bought it with some panel damage.. then spent a heap getting it made immaculate... Along with test car deals and all sorts the price really isn't indicative of what they'd actually land for..

I can have a look through auction data and give a rough indication of what they'll be landable for if you're keen... on Iron Chef would be able to give you a good idea too.

aowwllan
12-02-2008, 09:30 PM

looks ok. cause its a 2 door LOL

I heart the SSS
12-02-2008, 09:39 PM
N14 > n15 IMO.

Someone do a SR20VE swap into a N14.

hondavti25
12-02-2008, 10:23 PM
i dono about the hole SSS thing my mate has a N14 version and it doesnt beat my ej8 by much at all.. and its a D series...

xtercii
12-02-2008, 10:59 PM

did u run the car? seeing there are numbers marked on the window...

EG5
12-02-2008, 11:22 PM
did u run the car? seeing there are numbers marked on the window...

Looks like a number they gave out at WSID .
What does it run down the 1/4 mile ?

SHW.70Y
12-02-2008, 11:33 PM
if i remebr right it was a 15.8 ? with bad launch?

shiny_blue
13-02-2008, 08:59 AM
yep.. 15.8 (stock except catback exhaust & leads)

launch wasn't "bad" as such... was still a 2.2 60 footer but there was definitely room for improvement in the run as a whole.

I had 4 runs on the night starting from full pressure tyres and playing with launch RPM. I'd only had the car for about a week so still learning how it likes to launch..

I imagine by improving a few things here and there (intake, timing, etc) and with a flawless run it should come down another .2 or .3

High cam currently doesnt kick in until 6700rpm. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too late. Bringing that down would help the time as well.

At this stage I'm only keen to get an indication of what they could be capable of. I had absolutely no expectations out of the car as I had never seen one in the flesh. When my N1 arrives I'll be looking to get that 1/4 time down as low as possible and concentrate on circuit.

I'll be racing this one at Oran Park GP at the start of March so that'll give me another opportunity to set some base times.

Mattski_VTIR
13-02-2008, 10:04 AM
Does the 2 door version run the same solid rear end as our N15 4 doors? ........... Double wish bone FTW :thumbsup: ;)

shiny_blue
13-02-2008, 10:15 AM
indeed it does... solid beam :(

The wheelbase and chassis is virtually the same as the 4 door. There are minor floorplan differences and the length of the door is different but it is on the whole the same car.

Mattski_VTIR
13-02-2008, 10:17 AM
indeed it does... solid beam :(

The wheelbase and chassis is virtually the same as the 4 door. There are minor floorplan differences and the length of the door is different but it is on the whole the same car.

Cheers for that, i thought it might have been :thumbsup:

Squalled
17-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Wow such an old thread. Don't ask how I found it hahaha.

BB6 H22a lude vs N14 Sr20DE SSS who would win? lol

i saw a crx turbo take on a GTR and a LAMBO

pretty cool there :)

^^ Just to answer that, I have beaten an N14 SSS that had a full exhaust and intake (not sure if cai or pod) with and axle back and three people in my car, meanwhile he just had his one passanger.

SR20DE are highly under rated and with some quality mods as mentioned previously will be very quick cars. As for the SR20VE my mate had an N14 Q with it and N1 cams with a few other goodies. My God it was off chops

Spoon-Accord
22-06-2014, 10:49 PM
My ek9 back then and made a healthy 103.4kw atw (everything was stock except muffler)

The ek4 I have which has a really healthy engine as well made 95.7kw atw

Just comes to show that the b16b and b16a are somewhat similar, but compared to the SSS?
In the EK4, I'd lead about 2 cars or so

Squalled
23-06-2014, 07:39 AM
My ek9 back then and made a healthy 103.4kw atw (everything was stock except muffler)

The ek4 I have which has a really healthy engine as well made 95.7kw atw

Just comes to show that the b16b and b16a are somewhat similar, but compared to the SSS?
In the EK4, I'd lead about 2 cars or so

You had an EK9? How I wish I had one :(