PDA

View Full Version : DC2R specs

tayl51601
15-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Anyone got DC2R manufacture specifications or know where i can find them??

I called honda and Main Roads and QLD Transport....... No one can help me.......

I know its a long shot but i want to try get out of my defect by showing the police my recaro seat is from a stock Integra Type R and i need the specs and some photos or something as proof that they are all honda parts.

45SET
15-05-2009, 10:29 AM
My understanding of changing seats in QLD is that if the seats are changed it needs to be mod plated.

Just because it was released in another Honda (Which is a totally differant make and model) dosn't get you off the hook.

Maybe if they were released in a AUSTRALIAN DELIVERED EK Civic you would have a case, but because you have Integra Seats in a Civic, I doubt you'll get around it.

eght
15-05-2009, 10:43 AM
mate your recaros need to be ADR approved.

From your display pic, i take it you have an EK and you got defected for using integra type R recaros. SR3 Recaros from dc2R are ADR approved for that vehicle and that vehicle only. You must understand that ADR stands for aus design rules which governs vehicle safety, emissions and i cant remember..standards. The only way out of it is if you subject your vehicle to procedures that seek ADR approval. Even then it's a long shot and would set you back in the thousands if not tens of thousands.

In short, your honda civic with the DC2R SR3 recaros are not ADR "approved" therefore your vehicle is defectable and you must pay the fine.

I called honda and Main Roads and QLD Transport....... No one can help me.......
You need to seek legal advice.

tayl51601
15-05-2009, 10:43 AM
Yea i know it is 'modified' because its from a different model Honda but the cop that i called said if i have proof that the seat is from another honda and everything i should bring it in and show them and they might drop the fine if its all true.

Its worth a shot, its easy for my to get to the station and even if i fail its not like im going to get another fine just because i tried to get out of my defect.

I might be lucky and get the 'right' cop, coz the guy i spoke to didnt seem to know if it were a defect or not........

CRXDEL501
15-05-2009, 11:20 AM
like 45SET said.. it doesnt matter they are from another honda.

anything like that has to be mod plated.
i dont know if you will have much luck mate
you can try, just let them know that you just hadnt got around to getting a mod plate, and you will go get one. if you dont want to get done again, you will need one.
try and find that nice cop!

tayl51601
15-05-2009, 11:26 AM
lol that never works when i say "my cars booked in for saturday for the mod plate"......

That was literally the first day i had taken my car on the road with the seat in.
If i find all the specs i need and everything im going to give it ago, normally if i have done something wrong like a speeding fine for expample then yea sure pay the fine and move on, i just kind of find it a bit stupid because they are genuine honda parts....
Its as if getting a old toyota corolla and putting old toyota camry seats in it or something, cops wouldnt look twice and they would say its fine. Its just because they are Recaro bucket seats...........

CRXDEL501
15-05-2009, 11:35 AM
lol fair enough
end of the day man, they didnt come stock with the car.
so you need the mod plate.
sorry cant help with anything else.
hopefully someone can.

dsp26
15-05-2009, 11:44 AM
mate your recaros need to be ADR approved.

From your display pic, i take it you have an EK and you got defected for using integra type R recaros. SR3 Recaros from dc2R are ADR approved for that vehicle and that vehicle only. You must understand that ADR stands for aus design rules which governs vehicle safety, emissions and i cant remember..standards. The only way out of it is if you subject your vehicle to procedures that seek ADR approval. Even then it's a long shot and would set you back in the thousands if not tens of thousands.

In short, your honda civic with the DC2R SR3 recaros are not ADR "approved" therefore your vehicle is defectable and you must pay the fine.

You need to seek legal advice.

exactly right:thumbsup::thumbsup:

dsp26
15-05-2009, 11:46 AM
actually here you go:
http://members.westnet.com.au/atp110/design/images/magazines/ITR%20brochure.pdf (http://members.westnet.com.au/atp110/design/images/magazines/ITR%20brochure.pdf)

print it out and show him... if thats all he needs to drop the notice then why not.... doesn't mean its safe though. good luck

tayl51601
15-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Exactly what i needed!
Cheers man!