PDA

View Full Version : Modding A Dc2r

MURCHO
01-11-2004, 10:34 PM
guys couldn't find what i really wanted on this topic so i decided to find out what experiences u have had.

what kw@wheels do the dc2r make stock?

and with headers/exhaust/cai and power fc or hondata what sort of figures would we be looking at and how noticeable would it be when driving?

or are there better ways to get power out of the dc2r??

thanks

VTEC16
01-11-2004, 11:53 PM
Its all been covered before mate - you will feel a noticeable improvement, as long as you stick to tried and trusted products.

Due to inconsistancies with dynos/cars/mods - it is impossible to say specific figures.

Do more searching...

TODA AU
02-11-2004, 06:20 AM
With the right combination of parts & good tuning...
125~130kw @ the wheels is not impossible... (Stock bottom end)
Combination is everything... ;)

monstaR
02-11-2004, 07:56 AM
stock dc2r can produce anywhere from 94-100kw at the wheels :D honestlt power is not everything, I feel that balance plays an importanat part. Eg, suspension settings, brakes, flywheel and clutch etc.....gearing as well like final drive....... :D

TypeG
02-11-2004, 02:52 PM
yes
if u after power, sell yr dc2r and get a nissan turbo if u after more kw

type one
02-11-2004, 05:27 PM
murcho = timbo??

MURCHO
03-11-2004, 01:25 AM
yeah thats me.

type one
03-11-2004, 12:37 PM
listen to TODA AU - he can turn shit into gold :thumbsup:

anyway i think the consensus is a programmable ecu and a few choice "mods"... and good brakes and sussy to hold the package together.

PLUS don't be too interested in the numbers... people say DC2R doesn't respond well to mods (on the dyno that is) but on the road - well that's a completely different story.

vtir22
03-11-2004, 01:06 PM
The best way to make your dc2r faster is to put a set of semi slicks on it! you WILL be blown away at the cornering grip :-). Just be prepared to replace them often :-P

Otherwise I/H/E + ECU will give you noticeable gains, but won't be cheap. I hear that with Hondata and I/H/E mods, you should be looking around 120kw - remember though, different dynos, different readings. Lot's of variables are involved with dyno figures.

800ZR
04-11-2004, 05:07 AM
i reckon sussys can be as fast as semis in team of mods !! and semis can be pretty dangerous if use by newbies, no warning when its over its limit.
if you dont mind buying 2nd hand parts, then the cost shouldnt be too high.
but yeh, different dynos..... different numbers ! use your BUTT

olda
05-11-2004, 08:45 PM
guys couldn't find what i really wanted on this topic so i decided to find out what experiences u have had.

and with headers/exhaust/cai and power fc or hondata what sort of figures would we be looking at and how noticeable would it be when driving?

thanks

My DC2R experience.................
Stock 95.8 kw
Stage 2: plus TODA spec A cams,TODA cam gears, I.H.E. = 110.2 kw
Stage 3: plus POWER FC ECU = 122.2 kw :cool:
Yes, performance increase is very noticeable, particularly past 3500RPM.
Decrease in a fuel economy is also very noticeable. :thumbdwn:
Then again; there's no such a thing as free lunch! ;)
Better ways to get power out of the B18C7???????????
Not, if you want to stay NA. :honda:

800ZR
06-11-2004, 12:02 AM
nice figure.... may i ask who tune your car ? and which dyno ?

olda
06-11-2004, 08:08 AM
nice figure.... may i ask who tune your car ? and which dyno ?

PM sent

TODA AU
06-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Otherwise I/H/E + ECU will give you noticeable gains, but won't be cheap. I hear that with Hondata and I/H/E mods, you should be looking around 120kw - remember though, different dynos, different readings. Lot's of variables are involved with dyno figures.

What you say is fair comment,
In my experience, we've found it really difficult to get past 116~118kw @ the wheels using factory cams... (There's a little morew to it than just tuning)
Regarding HONDATA...
Hondata is a good, quality system and can deliver some exellent results and offers really quite remarcable bang for your bucks...
What needs to be remembered is that it is infact no better than another equally well tuned aftermarket programable ECU in the same market sector...
Such ECU's would vary from AEM EMS to Apexi Power FC (though this system does lack a number of optional features) to VTEC Link & then there's the top shelf units like MOTEC & AUTRONIC...
All ECU's have their idiosyncracies... Some more anoying than others...
This is where Hondata has so much in it's favour...
There are few if any irritants that will raise their heads...
In any case... if you have already purchased an ECU and you're now a little worried... Don't be... What you have can probably be made to work...
Just not nessesarily by anyone...
Just remember to be mindful of the whole combination of parts & don't lose sight of that... That way power can be tuned into it...
If the combination is wrong, even "Harry Potter" can't save it...
Cheers

Adrian

Civic Type R
03-12-2004, 01:43 PM
who in Australia has the ability to tune an AEM EMS to its full potential on a Type R ?

edw-R
04-12-2004, 01:45 PM

thanks
Stock = 93kw

5zigen header, 5zigen spec A catback, HKS racing suction intake kit
Toda B cam, valve spring and cam gear
Apexi power fc.

I got 123.1kw :honda:

Sp3rMz
04-12-2004, 01:52 PM
Mine "DID" dyno at 134kws with a fair bit of mods (extractors, cams, cam gears, vavle spring, retainers, air filter, final drive, extended helix throttle body and other bit and peices). It totally un tuned and out of wacked atm. In the end it raises a new topic if DYNOs are trust worthy or if the figures always come out right.

spoondc2
04-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Mine "DID" dyno at 134kws with a fair bit of mods (extractors, cams, cam gears, vavle spring, retainers, air filter, final drive, extended helix throttle body and other bit and peices). It totally un tuned and out of wacked atm. In the end it raises a new topic if DYNOs are trust worthy or if the figures always come out right.
That sound very nice :), but i am wondering the dyno scale in MEL are different than QLD right? I heard that ppl in SYD have less numbers on dyno comparing to QLDs, so just wondering are MEL are the same case

Sp3rMz
04-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Thats what im trying to get out. In general alot of dyno places will give you different figures. In the end the dyno is just a piece of paper for braggin rights once again. I honestly believe to acutally to compare cars is either get it dyno'd at the one place or take ur car down the track and not drag each other. Rather get the same person to do the quarter mile in two different cars. That way its still the same skill levels. Its just i've heard alot of dodgey shit bout dynos how they can make any figures come up to make their customers happy. Not sayin all dyno places are.

olda
04-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Thats what im trying to get out. In general alot of dyno places will give you different figures. In the end the dyno is just a piece of paper for braggin rights once again. I honestly believe to acutally to compare cars is either get it dyno'd at the one place or take ur car down the track and not drag each other. Rather get the same person to do the quarter mile in two different cars. That way its still the same skill levels. Its just i've heard alot of dodgey shit bout dynos how they can make any figures come up to make their customers happy. Not sayin all dyno places are.
Yes, the correct way with mods is to stay with the same dyno and try to complete all your mods as quickly as possible.
And yes, don't worry about kws on the paper, you will feel it under your foot.
I did!:wave: :wave: :wave:

Sp3rMz
04-12-2004, 03:17 PM
Correct. Someone agrees with me :) didnt want make myself sound like an idiot LOL.

Neways sorry if someones already mentioned this but you can have two identical car with two identical mods. Yet the dyno sheet gives you two different results. Also for some particular reason I'm not a mechanic so I don't know same mods affect different cars in different ways. **shrugs**

edw-R
05-12-2004, 04:05 AM
Correct. Someone agrees with me :) didnt want make myself sound like an idiot LOL.

Neways sorry if someones already mentioned this but you can have two identical car with two identical mods. Yet the dyno sheet gives you two different results. Also for some particular reason I'm not a mechanic so I don't know same mods affect different cars in different ways. **shrugs**
Yeah. I agree with you too. Different dyno have different result. Can't compare with different dyno. The aim of dyno is only for tuning. If you are running with different setting on one car in the same dyno, you may see the different between two settings. If I'm wrong, correct me. Thx