PDA

View Full Version : Question about Shocks on EU Civics

jad007
16-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Hi guys

I was going to lower my 02 EU Civic just a tad bit (1.5 inches). I'm in Sydney.

I heard about all these horror stories about people just getting new springs and keeping the shocks stock.

Anyway, I went to Pedders at Bankstown. I asked if they had any shocks & springs packages for my car. They checked and they only got springs for EU Civics.
He said that if they didn't have any shocks for a model any car, it meant that the shocks that they come stock with should be fine.

I was just wondering if this is true? They are saying by getting new springs, the life expectancy of the shocks should still be about the same. What do you guys think?

While, I'm at it... do you guys recommend I visit any places that would do a shock and spring package in Sydney? I have about $850ish as a budget.

blk_shadow
16-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi guys

I was going to lower my 02 EU Civic just a tad bit (1.5 inches). I'm in Sydney.

I heard about all these horror stories about people just getting new springs and keeping the shocks stock.

Anyway, I went to Pedders at Bankstown. I asked if they had any shocks & springs packages for my car. They checked and they only got springs for EU Civics.
He said that if they didn't have any shocks for a model any car, it meant that the shocks that they come stock with should be fine.

I was just wondering if this is true? They are saying by getting new springs, the life expectancy of the shocks should still be about the same. What do you guys think?

Pedders won't have aftermarket shocks for EU is mostly because, part of the steering rack is bolted on the shockers itself. like EP3 and I believe DC5 as well. Therefore, its harder and more expensive to produce one.

if your new springs are lower than the OEM springs, than it will shorten the life of ur shocks. it all depends on how low is ur spring, the condition of the road surface you drive from day to day, etc.