PDA

View Full Version : EK9 CTR Rear Lip packaging box dimensions?

civic-dream
17-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone would know this but i need to find out the dimensions of the packaging box for this item, it has to be under a certain size for it to be delivered to me via EMS.

Would anyone happen to know this?

hisoka
17-05-2009, 02:05 PM
genuine rear lip or fake one.

fake one comes in a plastic wrap kinda thing not a box

EG5
17-05-2009, 04:48 PM
We got ctr style rear lip back in stock now

civic-dream
17-05-2009, 11:44 PM

hi Hisoka, i'm referring to the genuine rear lip.

civic-dream
17-05-2009, 11:47 PM
We got ctr style rear lip back in stock now

Thanks for the update EG5, i know you sell the replica ones but i'm actually after the genuine ctr rear lip which i'm able to get through someone i know who imports performance parts, he said he can import it for me as long as box is less than 1.5 m in length. I know you've probably gotten the genuine ones urself in the past...

Would you know if its less than 1.5 m?

neo_phase
18-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Well the width of a hatch EK is 1.705 metres wide so I wouldn't assume the rear lip is any much lesser than that.

EK1.6LCIV
18-05-2009, 09:35 AM

plastic ftl, lol

last time I bothered with a rep it came in black plastic wrap, with carboard on the inside only protecting the sides, it came in 3pieces, needing plastic welding, heating and multiple rebending, lol

hisoka
18-05-2009, 02:20 PM
lol how hardout is it to fit the bastard lol.

i got a jet lighter and heated up the screw, then melted them through the lip then into the bar lol.

EK1.6LCIV
18-05-2009, 02:23 PM
well once we managed to re-attach everything into one solid shape that resembled an oem ek9 lip, we then heated it to the bar, lol :D

still looks good, and will never come off of my car, the time and effort to get it like that was incredible lol

NightRyder
18-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Dude, it might be hard to have the lip plus packaging be under 1.5m, because you would want the packaging to have a bit of space (slack) for the wrapping and have the lip well protected.
Having tight packaging can potentially damage your beloved goods! :)

From memory the lip is slight over 1.5m.

good luck.

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone would know this but i need to find out the dimensions of the packaging box for this item, it has to be under a certain size for it to be delivered to me via EMS.

Would anyone happen to know this?

civic-dream
18-05-2009, 09:30 PM
well once we managed to re-attach everything into one solid shape that resembled an oem ek9 lip, we then heated it to the bar, lol :D

still looks good, and will never come off of my car, the time and effort to get it like that was incredible lol

geez i hope i don't have anywhere near as much trouble fitting the genuine lip as you did with the replica one..

civic-dream
18-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Dude, it might be hard to have the lip plus packaging be under 1.5m, because you would want the packaging to have a bit of space (slack) for the wrapping and have the lip well protected.
Having tight packaging can potentially damage your beloved goods! :)

From memory the lip is slight over 1.5m.

good luck.

thanks, looks like i won't be able to obtain it this way...

civic-dream
18-05-2009, 09:36 PM
lol how hardout is it to fit the bastard lol.

i got a jet lighter and heated up the screw, then melted them through the lip then into the bar lol.

this was to fit the replica one right?

hisoka
18-05-2009, 09:50 PM
yeah, oem one is bolt on i think

akira
28-05-2009, 05:16 PM
the box needs to be about 1.7-1.8metres long and about 1metre wide? and about 10-20cm thick. Rough estimates of when i got my OEM rear lip 6months ago.

NightRyder
28-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Definitely bolt on. OEM is always a perfect fit.

OEM ftw!..LoL

yeah, oem one is bolt on i think

3iuuop
29-05-2009, 01:03 AM
i got my rear lip from the states came bent in half then was kinda worped but once u put it on it flexes back to normal, if u wanna put it on with good fitment take off ur back wheels.