PDA

View Full Version : HID brighter on one side

liquid23
17-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi,

I've got angel eyes on my civic FD with 6k HIDs. I've notice from the start that the HID on left side is brighter than the right side. But at some angles it looks the same. So for driving for a long time now just assuming its just the angle that is making the change of brightness, i've got my friend to drive infront of me to see if one is brighter than the other and she says it is.

I've looked on websites selling angel eyes saying (Right Hand Drive), does this mean that the angel eyes is modified to Australia? meaning that cause we drive on the left our right headlight shouldn't be as bright? OR should my HID's be the same brightness on both sides?

eght
17-05-2009, 03:07 PM
aussie headlights are angled to the LHS as to not blind oncoming traffic. thats probably the reason why you can notice a bias

aaronng
17-05-2009, 04:22 PM
If you park about 5 meters away from a wall, you'll see your headlights having a pattern \__ \__ which makes it look brighter on the left side.

liquid23
17-05-2009, 05:02 PM
aussie headlights are angled to the LHS as to not blind oncoming traffic. thats probably the reason why you can notice a bias

thanx for reply
guess i don't have to stress about why it is less brighter now. thought there was a loose plug or some power issues there.
just weird how i can see a bright light on the LHS and just a dimple of light on the RHS.

Is this the same for all headlights if it is imported from overseas? they have to match the country's specifications?

If you park about 5 meters away from a wall, you'll see your headlights having a pattern \__ \__ which makes it look brighter on the left side.

oh oks. it makes a weird kinda shape on the ground while i'm driving as well. i'll try to see tonight.