PDA

View Full Version : Battery change enquiry

johno2004
18-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi guys,

CVT 05 model.

Problem starting up car lately as this battery is about 4years old now so it's starting to play up.

ANy particular procedures to change the battery in the car?

Do I need to recalibrate the CVT after putting the new battery in?

Kind Regards,

Jonno

Joe kickarse
18-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Nah, just install the battery. Put it in D and just take it for a drive. Don't thrash it. It'll recalibrate itself.

Or find a long stretch of road. Drive up to 60km/h, and let it slow down itself without braking. If my memory is correct you need to do it 2-3times, then that's it.

acura_ek1
10-11-2009, 04:25 AM
Nah, just install the battery. Put it in D and just take it for a drive. Don't thrash it. It'll recalibrate itself.

Or find a long stretch of road. Drive up to 60km/h, and let it slow down itself without braking. If my memory is correct you need to do it 2-3times, then that's it.

I got a flat battery the other day, change the battery and everything works fine. Do i still have to go to the dealer to get the CVT recalibrate or i can do it myself? I did take the car for a drive shorty after the new battery was in but didnt remember if i slowed down without braking. Honda wants $55 to recalibrate how essential is this for the gearbox?

stylzjhn
10-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Hi guys,

CVT 05 model.

Problem starting up car lately as this battery is about 4years old now so it's starting to play up.

ANy particular procedures to change the battery in the car?

Do I need to recalibrate the CVT after putting the new battery in?

Kind Regards,

Jonno

It should be fine. I got the same year/model jazz as you and i replaced the battery almost 2 years ago. No calibration needed.

If you look at the user manual. It doesn't say anything about re-calibrating. The only thing that could be important is that it says "Whenever you disconnect the battery, start the engine in waiting more than ten seconds after turning the ignition switch to ON (II)"

So i guess just turn it on and let it idle for 10 seconds and it'll re-calibrate itself. I think you'll only need re-calibration if your engine(cvt) isn't running properly.

Dreams
10-11-2009, 12:14 PM
not true. if your car is manual then you wont feel the difference.

CVT if you cares about how the car feel, you can tell the transmission is jerky. especially on and off pedal in city driving. Do the 60kmh then coast it to a near stop it helps.

another note, FYI the power windows on driver's door wont work properly (auto down) that, will reset itself.

stylzjhn
10-11-2009, 03:06 PM
My car is cvt and it seemed fine after i changed the battery. Maybe i was lucky the cvt re-calibrated itself. But i had no problems after changing the battery. But best to do what Dreams said. Just to make sure your cars learns how to run properly :P

opie
10-11-2009, 11:24 PM
mine also CVT... I changed the battery while the engine runs... no problem...

bestjazz101
17-11-2009, 10:42 AM
i bought a 550cca battery from K-mart to help support my sound system.. going okay so far :P havnt done a reset to cvt or anything