PDA

View Full Version : HKS Hi Power Exhaust, Top Fuel Zero 1000 intake?

RoryAlexander
18-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm hoping i didnt post anything that has already been asked, but i searched the forum for those two items and could only find the top fuel zero 1000 brand and it didnt have that product for sale, and was wondering wether its any good? (i also couldnt find any information on the internet on either in regards to honda)

i was also wondering about the HKS Hi Power exhaust, i once again searched the forum but turned up nothing. all i found on this exhaust is a few videos on youtube which i think makes the vti-r sound really good, but i was wondering if it would be good performance wise for a honda in comparison to say.. 5zigen or something similar.

price is a bit of an issue, but the visionr performance site has $795 for the HKS Hi Power Exhaust, and $395 for the Top Fuel Zero 1000 intake (carbon).

so yeah, was just wondering if these products were worth the coin in regards to power gain (not really wanting to spend as much as spoon and mugen products are worth), and i know you get what you pay for but ive never really seen HKS with N/A Hondas.

Thanks!!

96VTi-R
18-05-2009, 10:28 PM
I have the Top Fuel Intake in my VTiR, imo it's a great intake system, looks good, sounds great, did feel a bit more responsive.
Other good intakes to check out are the AEM and Injen CAI's dyno proven gains.
All in all i would recommend it got mine from 999Auto.
Don't no anything about HKS exhaust, but if your in the market for something not too loud but screams when you give it some check out fujitsubo rm01a sounds great.

RoryAlexander
18-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks mate! do you possible have any videos of the intake in action?

thats great to hear, i really liked the look of it and it seemed like it would perform well but i just couldnt read japanese.

is it noisy? i want a bit of a roar because at the moment my car is quiet as a mouse. haha

thanks again

Neesmo31
19-05-2009, 08:47 AM
I have a Zero1000 intake on my dc2r and i think it improved response slightly and the intake noise is definutely worth it. Its just an intake so its not going to make much diff to power levels but it is noticeable. I have a Buddy Club catback and that was also small but noticeable gain in midrange/top end power and response.

96VTi-R
21-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Sorry man don't have any vid's but i am sure you will be happy with it

when u say is it noisy are u talking about the intake or the exhaust?
Intake sounds great its got a deep sound to it
With exhaust if u want something that aint to loud i recommend Fujitsubo rm01a or power getter, Apexi N1
if you want a bit louder 5zigen
if u want Loud as f*ck any Buddyclub lol

Neesmo31
22-05-2009, 07:27 AM
True for the buddyclub comment - they are loud lol. The intake will give a nice vtec roar and look the part, and are also secure (ive had cops go over mine and the dot boys and they passed it because it as mounted correctly and didnt rattle around) plus they look the part.