i just took a few pictures of my engine bay and
if anyone is able to help me figure out
what has been done to it and if its good.. really good.. or not soo good.. :S

any info would be greatly appreciated :D

cheers guys

- k -

cymax
19-05-2009, 12:21 AM
There is no good or bad mate. It's just that the throttle cable had been wrapped with yellow PVC and your fuel regulator and tube is added. Doesn't make much difference. Perhaps 10kw atw for yellow bling bling... :P

HoBoz
19-05-2009, 12:30 AM
All i can see is a intake and some sort of guage on top of the manifold. No idea what that is lol, and like cymax said cables have been wraped in plastiic.
Intake would be good as more air is being sucked into the engine

battousaik
19-05-2009, 12:49 AM
cheers guys :D

CRXer
19-05-2009, 02:03 AM
now thats a first for me......

crikey........dual inline fuel regs:confused:

i suppose thats one way of lean protection against fuel reg abuse......
u could only bump the fuel pressure from there

do u have stock computer in the car?

if so,hows the fuel economy &/or the cleanliness of your rear bumper?

id seriously get that checked by a pro,its doin my head in tryin to predict the consequences of that.......

while one reg is draining.....the next reg is sayin no,no...more pressure....ahahahhahaaaa

geeang
19-05-2009, 02:39 AM
- Throttle cable has been sleeved.
- Some of coolant hoses etc. have been sleeved with a cheapass ricey sleeving kit (most likely from autobarn or ebay).
- As CRXer has mentioned, you have a fuel regulator....inline with a fuel regulator.... wat the?
- Cheap looking catch-can setup.
- Stock headers with just heatshields removed.
- Cheap short ram intake, resonators have not even been removed.
- Yellow cabled grounding kit.
- What looks to be a piece of wood sitting on your alternator.

JDM-EGG
19-05-2009, 02:46 AM
dw.. just get the fuel regulator checked up and see if its installed right , if u like the look of ur engine then leave it .. if not , take them off because there ricey .. either that or u got a nice looking integra type r mate.. engine still looks clean.

goodluck with it .. in the end its a type r boys :)

battousaik
19-05-2009, 04:15 PM
the car is still the same as when i bought it a year ago..
yea i thought the yellow cover thingy looked ricey but i didnt bother with it coz
i didnt really have much time to change it and no one could see it anyway so it didnt bother me LOL

but thats interesting about the fuel regulator.. in terms with economy i find the car to do pretty well.. im pretty sure i do pretty well but will test it again next time i fill a full tank.. as for my rear bumper its black as crap!! :S but i always blamed that on the shit-can exhaust which i desperately want to change.. the exhaust is HELL rice and have been wanting to change it ever since i got the car but because of work and where i lived it was quite hard.. LOL lived country for a year now back in the city so wanna make some changes.. should i change headers?? but other than that the car is pretty fun to drive.. and what else should i do to the engine bay besides pull the yellow crap out.. LOL

what is 'resonators have not even been removed' should this be removed and how do i go about removing it??
and the short ram intake does that affect performance..??

CRXer
19-05-2009, 06:53 PM
has the engine got internal modifications?

has the car got aftermarket ecu/chipped ecu &/or any other fuel control devices?

if it doesnt have any of the above,remove the red reg post haste & stick with the stock reg on the rail.

if it does have aftermarket fuel control,take it to a pro first & get them to check the state of tune before removing the red reg or installing it properly.

dc2itr
27-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Nice profile pic CRXer!!! Thought bug flew in the house and was doing donuts on a 1cm area of my screen..I'm multitaskin so excuse my retardation.

sOrry off point....is the exhaust stock? Ram-raid the prev owner's house if he replaced the stock DC2r exhaust with shit-box cannon... just make sure u use a fully-sick nissan or something to do it with. If its stock, its not a bad system. If you want to replace there are heaps of quality cat-back exhausts going in the marketplace.

SRI (short-ram intake) does affect performance. ALthough stock DC2r airbox set-up is quite decent, I can't imagine you losing out with your current set-up.

BTW...Ditto about the clean engine bay. Although I think the yellow sleeve on the accel cable seems to accentuate Honda's retarded super-dooper-looper cable. Maybe return it back to black and it won't jump out at you as much. Just my 2 cents. If u like the look just leave as is, it's different if nothing else!!!