PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cover for Civic 09

Steven12
19-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi guys, I have just bought a new Civic VTI and I was kind thinking getting some seat covers. But I worry if it will affect operation of the side airbags? Does anyone know actually know where it is located? like is inside the door panel or within the side of the seats? Would a seat cover affect its normal operation? thanks

s2o0o
19-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi Steven,

Firstly, congratulations on the purchase of your new Honda. You shall now be rewarded with many years of happy motoring :)

The side airbags are in the side panels of the seats. Honda highly recommends that no seat covers are fitted OVER the airbags. For auguments sake; if you were to be involved in an accident and had seat covers over the sides - they may not deploy correctly. See the owners manual for a full explanation.

Having that said - you can get seat covers tailor made so they have no sides on them. Alot of sheep skin places do them (if you're after that sort of thing).

Drive safely!

Fung
19-05-2009, 09:50 PM
this is what make the new civic a FLAW for ricers!!!
LOL

the airbags.......grr...i cant change them to bucket seats...GRRRRRRR

aero
19-05-2009, 11:18 PM
u can still get ur bucket seats in them, u just wont have any side airbags for when u crash...
btw, i didnt know that the 09 Civic Vti's have side airbags in them? im pretty sure they only came in like the Vti-L and Sport models in the 06-08 prefacelift FD civics??

FallenAngel
20-05-2009, 01:31 AM
The facelift does come with standard front and side airbags now. As S2o0o mentioned they're inside the seats on the side. Have a look for yourself and you'll find a plastic cover over it.

Aero, you can get bucket seats in them ALTHOUGH you MUST bypass the airbag sensor with a fuse which some people in SG and Thailand have done but i haven't seen one in AU yet (I'm also comtemplating on doing it). And yes the prefacelift FD's have the side airbags on the VTI-L and Sport models

Hope that helps!

aero
20-05-2009, 03:09 AM
oo ok.. damn that new avatar of urs looks nice, fallen!

FallenAngel
20-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Haha cheers!

rk 86 wa
20-05-2009, 08:04 PM
my 06 vti is home to a fixed bride bucket :) no curtain air bags ftw :)

Fung
20-05-2009, 10:38 PM
i would just get leather trim...

anybody know a good recommendation for a leather trim around Sydney, i wanna get it done instead bucket seats.......at least thats something my parents wont oppose aesthetic over safety......

Steven12
20-05-2009, 11:20 PM
yeah me too for the leather trimming, however thats gona cost heaps though.

Anyone know any trimmers around sydney?

Fung
20-05-2009, 11:32 PM
well..my dealer told me theres one in Strathfield i think, but its gonna cost like 3K?

i think

aero
21-05-2009, 08:14 PM
wow gg! so much money for the real deal. i think ill stick to my pleather :p
i havnt been able to do my door trims yet coz of this shitty weather we've been having all week

Fung
21-05-2009, 11:05 PM
yeah~~ lol

3K...man but it looks so much better when its finished ><

Steven12
22-05-2009, 07:22 PM
for the side airbags, does it say anything on the side panels of the seats? like SRS side airbag embossed on it?

FallenAngel
22-05-2009, 07:34 PM
On the facelift models i'm not too sure but the prefacelift ones have a grey cover on the side.

Fung
22-05-2009, 11:17 PM
there isnt any labels on the side of the seats...i think...but you got the car right?

anyways.....
leather seats would be the last mod ill do for my car

Steven12
22-05-2009, 11:39 PM
yeah I briefly had a look but i don see any signs, so I am not sure where exactly its meant pop out

Fung
24-05-2009, 01:12 AM
umm...i cant remember from my friends' 06 civic, but for mine, it has like a plastic cover on the back side of the seat, i think thats abt where it pops out~

Sherweeeny
26-05-2009, 02:48 PM
there has to be a plastic cover or something informing you that they are there... otherwise they arent...

Steven12
26-05-2009, 09:27 PM
had a look again, found it..... :)

Ohe yeah, does anyone know if I buy bigger wheels (currently stock 15inch), would that also raise the clearance profile of the car, because I think its abit too low me, always had to be careful when it comes to speed bumps, I raise it up abit.

FallenAngel
26-05-2009, 10:25 PM
Better off asking that question in a different thread but i'll answer it here this time.

Depending on what profile you choose. If you get a type profile with the bigger rims, that matches or corresponds to the stocks then it'll be the same. If you get a overall bigger tyre profile then yes, but it is VERY MINIMUM...

But to clarify what i mean...eg. The stocks are 205/60 R15 i think.. and if you change your tires and rims to a 17" with a tyre profile of 215/45 then the overall height wont change because the ratio is the same (total diameter is the same).

Just have a play around with the calculator below...

http://www.procomp.com.au/Default.asp?MenuId=PC_TYRE_CONVERSION