PDA

View Full Version : ANybody have experience with KYB Excel-G dampers?

Alpine
19-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Just after some real world experience with KYB Excel-G dampers from anybody who's used them? Should I get these to replace my OEM shocks on a gen 1 CRV? Any info appreciated! Thanks.

Webby_roller
20-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Hey, I have these shocks and matching lowered springs on my dc2... They were on the car when i bought it, but im not disappointing with them.

They are pretty good, i dont know how long they have been on the car, but they aren't showing any sign of wear.

The only bad thing is that atm one of them has a squeak when going over speed bumps, but i cant say for sure if it is the shocks problem.

I have spoken to the boys at City suspension at moss st, asking them about the squeak, and they said that they are the best value for money 'budget' shock made. I belive they are rebuildable, but that is what i am finding out next week, when my car goes in for an inspection to see what is squeaking.

Soo all in all... Awsome shock, im happy with them, and seems they are good value for money....

onecoop
08-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Ive used Excel G's in 4 cars now (2 x CRX, 1 x Mazda 808 and 1 x Nissan GTiR)
As far as cheap suspension goes they are the best out there, so much so that I just ordered a set for my new CRX. The King springs and KYB's combo works great and isnt too unpleasant for general day to day driving. eg: Paramatta road etc.

They are not rebuildable though. You will see they are a sealed unit.

dsp26
15-06-2009, 10:16 PM
yeah probably one of the best oem replacements. for me it was because of the valving. they have oil and nitrogen in seperate compartments for dynamic damping

Alpine
09-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Finally got these fitted to all four corners of our gen 1 CR-V today. Just picked it up earlier. WOW, what a difference. Felt like going from a bouncing boat to an F1 race car. Haha, ok not quite but it feels really good, corners flat, no bouncing or wallowing now. Should have done this ages ago. Highly recommend these KYB Excel-G's for the CR-V.

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/3827/kybshockscrv002.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4826/kybshockscrv001.jpg