PDA

View Full Version : where can i found those screw?

civicVI
20-05-2009, 02:00 AM
guys need some help here
just wondering any idea where can i found those screw from?
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/civicVI/DSC00083.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n244/civicVI/DSC00084.jpg
left one is for brake disc, mid one is for top ball joint, right one is for low ball joint

thanks a lot:)

aaronng
20-05-2009, 08:20 AM
Any good auto parts shop will sell that brake disc set screw. I'd try Repco for that or Bursons.

civicVI
20-05-2009, 10:06 AM
ok thanks
what about those ball joint screw?

ek4-guy
20-05-2009, 10:44 AM
ok thanks
what about those ball joint screw?

the ball joint nut is a split pin type if you can't get similar you can use a nylock nut

it has nylon in the nut that stops it comming loose so does the same job as a split pin

aaronng
20-05-2009, 12:19 PM
the ball joint nut is a split pin type if you can't get similar you can use a nylock nut

it has nylon in the nut that stops it comming loose so does the same job as a split pin
Not a fan of Nyloc nuts on any part that is exposed to frequent movement and vibrations. The nylon locking part will break.

civicVI, why don't you reuse those nuts and just get new split pins (again, sold at Repco)?

Sir_vtec
20-05-2009, 12:24 PM
Any wrecking yard should provide those ball joint nuts for free. Also i would replace the cotter pins for those castle nuts as well. You can get cotter pins from super cheap auto.

ek4-guy
20-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Not a fan of Nyloc nuts on any part that is exposed to frequent movement and vibrations. The nylon locking part will break.

civicVI, why don't you reuse those nuts and just get new split pins (again, sold at Repco)?

ball joints are sold with nyloc nuts

out of interest do you base your opinion on experience ?

aaronng
20-05-2009, 04:59 PM
ball joints are sold with nyloc nuts

out of interest do you base your opinion on experience ?

Yes, I had an aftermarket nyloc nut fail. So I put back the original Honda full metal self-locking nut (which obviously does not lock anymore because it has been removed once) and used threadlocker instead.