PDA

View Full Version : HELP NEEDED: Solution for Stiffer Suspension on '00 Accord

RiceMeister
20-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey Fellas,

I've recently put a staggered fitment of 19's on the rear and 18's on the front of my 2000 Accord V6L.

Rear wheel measurements: 245/35/R19

All four corners sit on Pedders Lowered (quite old though...previous owner had them on...probably about 3 years old)

The front 18's are no problem and I can still get a full turning circle.

However, there was significant scrub on the rear 19's when i put them on last week. I managed to get the guards rolled on the rear today (by lowdown guard rolling...Gavin did a top job btw!) and this has greatly improved the ride quality as scrub is at a bare minimum...

BUT!!

I had another passenger in the backseat tonight and in a few turns it started scrubbing again, this time on the join between the guard and the rear bumper. The guard rolling has fixed the scrub but the suspension setup currently isn't stiff enough to hold any extra weight in the back.

Essentially, I'm looking for a solution to fix this and stiffen up the suspension a bit so the car doesn't bump up and hit the guards/rear bumper around turns and on bumps. I've driven the car really carefully, but still it occasionally scrubs due to the weak suspension.

New Shocks?

New Springs?

Both?

I'm not sure what I should be looking for for the solution so i hope someone can help!

If anyone knows places which could sort me out or products which could help, it would be greatly appreciated!

cheers,
Luke

Sydsyd
20-05-2009, 10:09 PM
pm SiReal...he would be able to help u:)

RiceMeister
20-05-2009, 10:15 PM
thanks mate.

will do rightaway!

anyone else got some advice?

SHU-ES1
21-05-2009, 09:39 AM
perhaps look for stiffer springs or shocks? or the more expensive option are coilovers if you are able to finance them. there's a few people on here that should be able to help you out with this one. why did you go for the staggered look? how does it drive with different sized rims?

SiReal
21-05-2009, 09:58 AM
just following on from the above,

you need sports shocks most importantly because you need the reduced dampening so your car doesnt bottom out/float around as much.

there are three things - comfort, height, handling. you can only have two .

If you are after comfort and height, then dont expect phenomenal handling.

Just enquire about some koni yellows adjustable shocks where you can adjust damper . they were $1K for all four shocks when i bought them 2 years ago.

If you want Coilovers, then you can pretty much get them only from the states, since the local "32 way adjustable" variants dont make any for the CG/CK series.