PDA

View Full Version : extractors

shitbox
21-05-2009, 06:39 PM
anyone know where i could get extractors to suit an ed d15b4 or do u need to get them custom made?

Riced_Civic
21-05-2009, 07:31 PM
xforce make em

shitbox
21-05-2009, 07:53 PM
xforce make em

found them thanks for help, xforce any good?

Riced_Civic
23-05-2009, 07:49 AM
my mate has em there not bad for the price

Djbinh
28-05-2009, 03:28 PM
get the one on ebay there GREAT!!!!

shitbox
29-05-2009, 05:06 PM
get the one on ebay there GREAT!!!!

true?

geeang
29-05-2009, 11:48 PM
For a D15, the cheaper the better, there's no real point forking out more money for headers for this engine.

SeverAMV
02-06-2009, 09:05 AM
the ebay ones are the exact same quality and measurements as the xforce ones, only something like $400 cheaper. stainless steel as well.

@geeang - theres nothing wrong with a d15b4. im running a quad carburetor setup, stage 2 camshaft with titanium valvetrain, 13.65 compression, and its making 122fwkw, and it cost me a lot less than a B series conversion (less than 3k all up, including labour). its also a lighter chassis, making it fairly nimble.

connorling
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
the ebay ones are the exact same quality and measurements as the xforce ones, only something like $400 cheaper. stainless steel as well.

@geeang - theres nothing wrong with a d15b4. im running a quad carburetor setup, stage 2 camshaft with titanium valvetrain, 13.65 compression, and its making 122fwkw, and it cost me a lot less than a B series conversion (less than 3k all up, including labour). its also a lighter chassis, making it fairly nimble.

122fwkw = 163.6 fwhp, more than my jdm b18c (145.6fwhp)
what EG come with d15b4????

what is the 1/4 mile like?

SeverAMV
02-06-2009, 07:04 PM
122fwkw = 163.6 fwhp, more than my jdm b18c (145.6fwhp)
what EG come with d15b4????

what is the 1/4 mile like?

mine's not an EG, its an ED. the quad carburetor setup ended up being lighter than my oem twin carby setup, so the chassis is now around 780kg when empty (no air con, no carby support brace).

havent taken it to a track yet so i dont know the 1/4 mile, been mostly experimenting with the dyno. right now, im trying to sort out custom jets to lean out my mixtures as its still running too rich for my liking. running rich is always safer for a daily driver i guess, but i'd still like it a bit leaner for better fuel economy.

shitbox
02-06-2009, 11:15 PM
just ordered some ebay mugen rip off's from monsta performance, hopefully there allright thanks for the info guys, and serverAMV.. shame ur not in bris would like to check ur ed out, sounds tuff. good to see someone in aus doing somthing different and tunning up the carby's insead of just engine swap. keep me posted with ur progress do u have a thread for it??

SeverAMV
03-06-2009, 09:02 AM
i had a build thread on other forums, but i havent updated them in a while.

but here's what the carbs looked like with mini trumpets
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/Uirusonne/13032009088.jpg

here's me hiding them inside a filter
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/Uirusonne/13032009089.jpg

and here's what they looked like before it went on my car
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/Uirusonne/13032009090.jpg

most people will say 'whats the point of having trumpets if theyre covered up'. the first trumpets/ram tubes used in vehicles were actually meant to be enclosed in a plenum. this is due to resonance and harmonics. in an individual throttle/carburetor setup, intake doesnt flow in one direction normally. in a carburetor setup, the intake charge gets pulled towards a valve by vacuum, and when the valve closes, the remaining intake charge is trapped within the barrel and still has inertia from the initial vacuum, and will hit the closed valve and bounce back. with the mini airbox type filter, i can catch the charge and pull it back in with the next wave. and due to the length of my 'runner', and the rpm range of my engine, i can hit the 4th and 3rd harmonics at 4500-5500rpm and 6500-7400rpm for an increase in volumetric efficiency. so although my motor doesnt have vtec, it feels like it does.

most will say thats a twin carburetor setup, but its a dual sidedraught twin pair weber setup. each barrel has their own jets, accelerator pumps, and emulsion tubes. its the same as a quad, only much easier to synch.

anyway, i think i should stop hijacking this thread.

shitbox
09-06-2009, 03:12 PM
just ordered some ebay mugen rip off's from monsta performance, hopefully there allright thanks for the info guys, and serverAMV.. shame ur not in bris would like to check ur ed out, sounds tuff. good to see someone in aus doing somthing different and tunning up the carby's insead of just engine swap. keep me posted with ur progress do u have a thread for it??

just got my header's, quaility seems terrible the way its welded up i struggle to understand how it could better the flow.... where the 4 pipes run into two doesnt meet flush and smooth at all, just wondering if its even worth fitting them??

SeverAMV
10-06-2009, 06:23 PM
just got my header's, quaility seems terrible the way its welded up i struggle to understand how it could better the flow.... where the 4 pipes run into two doesnt meet flush and smooth at all, just wondering if its even worth fitting them??

at that point, i went to supercheap auto, bougth a $5 file, and smoothed out the merges and the collector (albeit a very short collector). you want the merges to be sharp, but not too sharp, and smooth.

drifter
13-06-2009, 10:57 PM
u can get mugen copy for d series.........

joyride
16-06-2009, 04:03 PM
severAMV, make a build thread so we can all appreciate what youve done :)

shitbox
16-06-2009, 06:19 PM
severAMV, make a build thread so we can all appreciate what youve done :)

agree