PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Sunroof

botts24
02-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Hey guys,

My sunroof is leaking bad (89 lude)...only happens every now and then after heavy rain and just pours in onto ur shoulders and the passenger seat. I know this is a common problem coz a friend has an accord and another has a prelude and they have probs too.

Now, before i go and spend money does ne one know a quick-fix or can recommend a solution.

The drain holes dont seem to be blocked. I'm pretty sure its the seals.

Anyone know how much this is gonna cost me?

Cheers

ECU-MAN
02-11-2004, 07:55 PM
do a search as a few people have bought it up before, you might find some usefull info.

you ahve to be 100% sure the drains arnt blocked, if they cant drain the water quick enough then the water will build up and leak in to the car. there should be a drain at each corner of the sunroof, make sure there all fully unblocked.

azjs
03-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Do a test and run some water in the cavity, this problem is well known and documented as the "3rd gen in-car shower" - the drain holes may not be totally blocked, but are congested enough to not flow fast enough thus causing water to be trapped

-az

LUD02C
03-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Check your sunroof rubbers and rear window.
Also i got my Audison wet from were the water runs down the boot seal and under the car...

Check that the plug on the boot chassis is not filled up with dirt etc.
Also if your rubber seals on your window and sunroof is ok then check the tubes from the sunroof...

What i mean is where your aerial and that is there is a 2 inch tube (for excess water from the sunroof) alot of the time they never get cleaned and it fills up and guess what you have a puddle in your car. Both sides of the boot have this.

You have to un-do your boot trim to get to it and wiggle it through some medal (the chassis) and clean it with hot water.

Any questions, let me know.

Taken from
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8813&page=2&pp=12