PDA

View Full Version : Beep Noise gone.. but not supposed to be

ChiLLie
22-05-2009, 12:45 AM
So this ones a doozy.

Crazy Brisbane rain storms yesterday pelted my car while it was parked outside for a few hours. I got water leakage in the boot which i hear is typical of dc2s of the mid 90's era. After searching ozhonda, i worked out the culprit areas for the leaks etc, and i'm over this hurdle.. HOWEVER..

After reattaching the rear panelling etc some weird electronic stuff happened to my car. The interior lights won't turn on. Instead, when i click the 2 front ones on.. (just above the rearview) my dash 'door open' light switches on and the car beeps at me coz it apparently thinks my doors are open.. i have the key in all positions (stereo.. then acc, then while running etc) and the annoying beep sound won't come on when i ACTUALLY open the door. THis is great!!! but i know its not supposed to be this way. (flippin ironic)

my exterior lights and all that work.. stereo works fine etc etc.. juz this one particular problem with cabin lights and how they activate lights on my dash instead and do weird stuff.. all i did was fiddle with the rear panelling and check for sunroof piping disconnections etc
I did wobble and check wiring in the back to see for leaks near the light pods etc but don't see how this has affected the rest of the car. I disconnected my amp.. left the positive wire from battery taped up and away from ground points.. >_< I'm a bit confused. any ideas on how to solve this would be great.

and to make things sweeter.. i hit a freshly opened pot hole yesterday too. front right wheel's alignment feels off now ( hit it at about 80kph). feels like its clicking on me and pulling slightly. I HATE POT HOLES!:(:(:(

ChiLLie
22-05-2009, 02:50 PM
turns out that pot hole i hit created a dint in my rim. got wheels balanced n stuff today...

no one still has any ideas on what to do with the freak electrical prob?

Chriskoss
22-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Im just taking a guess the water damaged some electricals and now its all wierd.. I would advise to like re-wire the connecting points to your rear lights and whatever. The grounding of the electrical currents could of also been damaged if water got into it..

It happend 2 me old car..A light bulb blew in the rear hatch light area.. and my cigarette lighter or interior light wouldnt work either.. prob cuz they are all connected somehow.. so see how you go with that man

ChiLLie
23-05-2009, 12:46 PM
cheers. i know its a weird problem. to be honest, i'll go ask an auto electrician to see if they can work it out.. kinda sux not having lights in the car now.. >_<

Chriskoss
23-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Seriously the water could of corroded the wires and contact points.. a corroded contact point would mean no earth etc and lights going wierd.. Auto electricians can be expensive so yeah up to you I say just have a stab

ChiLLie
30-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Found the problem.. blew a fuse. problem solved. (yes the beeping came back also along with the lights...)