PDA

View Full Version : Need help =(

alvy
22-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Hey Guys new to all this stuff....so if i ask anything stupid...u know y =)
I have a Integra 1996 Gsi model.

Basically i accidently blew my fuse for my stock head unit, when i put in a new fuse, i was asked for the code, when entering the code i had it didnt work...so from what i know the code was wrong.

Anyway thats not the point, basically I want to install a new head unit. I'd prefer to do it myself and I know it will be hard seeing as im new to all this (and honda dont exactly help by making everything as difficult as possible), but im willing to take the challenge, it'll be a good learning experience.

So basically what i need help with, is possibly a guide on how to do this...I've searched the net for a while and found no guide.

I just want to remove the stock head unit, install the new head unit and have it all working.

If anyone can point me to the direction, it'll be greatly appreciated.

96VTi-R
22-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Hey man, it shouldn't be to hard as long as u got the instruction manual with the new head unit with wiring diagram n stuff.

This link should help u out:

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=115

alvy
22-05-2009, 01:03 PM
oh...is that guide basically the same thing for the integra 1996? That looks like alot of work with the removing of the central console and stuff..

Is it necessary?

96VTi-R
22-05-2009, 01:17 PM
yea G3 is 94 - 01 there all almost identical, inside anyways.

When i did mine i didnt bother with the whole center console, i did mine such a long time ago i cant really remember how i did it, i think it was remove the ash try
then remove a few screws there n then on both sides of the center bit theirs screws get rid of them then just pulled every thing out. Try work from page 5 onwards.

But i think that DIY shows the proper way to do it, might be some better DIY's out there, have a look in the DIY section.

chucks
22-05-2009, 01:29 PM
oh...is that guide basically the same thing for the integra 1996? That looks like alot of work with the removing of the central console and stuff..

Is it necessary?

Yes, the centre/shifter console must be removed in order for the head unit to be installed properly

TegzGsi
25-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey Guys new to all this stuff....so if i ask anything stupid...u know y =)
I have a Integra 1996 Gsi model.

Basically i accidently blew my fuse for my stock head unit, when i put in a new fuse, i was asked for the code, when entering the code i had it didnt work...so from what i know the code was wrong.

Anyway thats not the point, basically I want to install a new head unit. I'd prefer to do it myself and I know it will be hard seeing as im new to all this (and honda dont exactly help by making everything as difficult as possible), but im willing to take the challenge, it'll be a good learning experience.

So basically what i need help with, is possibly a guide on how to do this...I've searched the net for a while and found no guide.

I just want to remove the stock head unit, install the new head unit and have it all working.

If anyone can point me to the direction, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Alrite I have just done this in the weekend the new Headeck that I put in didn't ask for the code so you should be fine with that...

Also it is quite a big job if you do not know what you are doing..
You have to ring out all the speakers to find out which wire has to go where on the new wiring harness.. also need to ring out the Earth, arial, also the power and the starter (when you swich the car on provides power to head deck)...

Then you have to solder all the wires up and build a new braket for your new head deck to mount on not too hard just be creative.

I'm not too sure if I would have been able to do this without my dad to tell you the truth ( dads a sparky lol)..