PDA

View Full Version : help! cant find the problem

imratedpg
23-05-2009, 11:25 AM
hey guys i got a dc2 vtir and there is a massive water leak sum where, the water is all over the floor on the passenger side , driver side and both sides of the back PLUS in the boot
( im pretty sure the leak in the boot is coming from the air vent on the side but not sure)

i checked the front windscreen there is no leaks checked by pouring water all over it and looking under the dash to see if it was coming through

any help for where to check would be good and how to go about fixing it, decided to ask b4 i take it to a mech. or sumthink for help so i dont waste any $$

regards Phong

Dr.k20z1
23-05-2009, 12:50 PM
hey dave when did u buy a dc2?

Chriskoss
24-05-2009, 07:42 PM
DC2's are notorious for water leaks man.. don't actually know the solution but try changing the seals if it looks like it seems necessary to do so

dinorider
24-05-2009, 09:49 PM
check the sunroof drain hose. It's behind the rearmost plastic panel in the boot, the one covering the tail light assemblies from the inside. Remove the seven scrivet clips and the panel will come off. If the hose has detached from its housing it will basically spray water all over the inside of the boot, and from there the water will run into the cabin.

imratedpg
25-05-2009, 01:50 PM
check the sunroof drain hose. It's behind the rearmost plastic panel in the boot, the one covering the tail light assemblies from the inside. Remove the seven scrivet clips and the panel will come off. If the hose has detached from its housing it will basically spray water all over the inside of the boot, and from there the water will run into the cabin.

hey i took it apart already but i dont noe wat hose u are talking about i dont see any hoses in there

dinorider
25-05-2009, 02:19 PM
hey i took it apart already but i dont noe wat hose u are talking about i dont see any hoses in there

hmm ok.. look at this then:
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=546

imratedpg
25-05-2009, 02:42 PM
hrmmm the hose on the left side seems to be intact, can barely see it on the left side tho >.>

96VTi-R
25-05-2009, 02:51 PM
i had bad water leak in the boot was coming in from around the lights took em out and put some sealer around it n worked out fine

Bludger
26-05-2009, 11:15 AM
no one has mentioned the heater hoses.

imratedpg
30-05-2009, 04:16 PM
alrite i found the leak in the rear its coming from the tail light seal the foam is busted

ChiLLie
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
what did u do to fix it? what product if any to seal the stuff. got same probz with my dc2

prizedbnx
01-06-2009, 12:58 AM
no one has mentioned the heater hoses.

The leak in the from could be caused by this, check the condition of the rubber lines to the heater core, and replace if just the edge is damaged, you can cut back the line, around a cm will not matter, and then it will stop your leaking, but if the rubber of the whole hose is in bad condition, you will need to replace the hose.

imratedpg
01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
what did u do to fix it? what product if any to seal the stuff. got same probz with my dc2

havnt actually had time to do this yet but theres a diy for it and sum guy used foam he bought from clark rubber or u could go and buy sum superflex sealant

96VTi-R
01-06-2009, 12:45 PM
sealant will do the trick, i had the same problem