PDA

View Full Version : Speedo sensor vss

ek
23-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Is the speedo sensor on the gearbox somewhere on a 1.6lt EK Civic? The speedo is jumping up and down and I think the VSS wasnt put in properly when it was hooked back up after a clutch change.

Reading from other threads, its just under the thrittle body?

markoJEK1
23-05-2009, 01:08 PM
the VSS should sit just above where your driveshafts slot into the gearbox / under the throttle body if you like.

Very hard to incorrectly fit the VSS as its got cut outs and keys that need to be lined up or it wont slot into the gearbox. Check that by all means and the connection side of things.

If you find that everything is ok but its still playing up - have a look at the actual connector, D's and especially B series have a tendacy to leak from the IACV coolant line at times, which drips right onto the connector causeing corrosion and lack of contact / voltage supply. Clean it up with some terminal / electrical cleaner.

If all that doesnt fix the symptoms your speed sensor has failed and its time to replace it with a new one.

ek
23-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Im hoping its not connected in properly. Only reason I say that is may not be connected is the clutch was changed a couple of days ago. I havent driven it much since then.