PDA

View Full Version : Temperature question?

furiouswilly
23-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Temperature question?

My CBR250RR, I only use it for short trip only since I bought it 3 weeks ago, the Temperature is staying high All time after 5 minutes, I only use it 20 to 30 minutes max each time, because I only use it to commute to work, between Ashfield to Sydney which is about 20 minutes of riding only, but it almost hit the red zone! Is that a normal or some problem I need to address?

lookingforboost
24-05-2009, 12:05 AM
ummm nar max it should get up to bit over halfway after sitting idling for ages or in traffic, they have a radiator in them it might need to be topped up / leaking so i would look at that first its basically under the fuel tank so you will need to lift it up to look at that and them after that have a look to see if the thermo fan on it is turning on / working at all, just let it idle for a while and the thermo should kick in they are pretty loud and you hear it.

let us know what happens after you look at those things

N1nj4R1d4h
24-08-2009, 12:34 PM
One thing u can do is run the bike on idle and wait til the temp goes up. Once the temp is up, check if the fan turns on. if it does then maybe the thermostat needs replacing or theres a leak in the radiator. If the fan doesnt turn on, check the radiator fan fuse to make sure it isnt blown. If it is then replace it then start the bike and see if that solves the problem.

Same thing happened to me on my 600. I topped up the fluids and checked to make sure that there are no leaks and even changed some parts. It didnt occur to me to check fuse. In the end, i ended up paying more than i really should've.

Hope this suggestion helps.