PDA

View Full Version : interior light

connorling
23-05-2009, 05:57 PM
hi there, i know there is no fuse connect between the door and the (roof)light, but it seems it is not conected.

the light doesnt turn on when i open the door, but the light blub is working(on when i switch it on)

just wanna know where is the wire connecting the door to the roof light, seems connection for both doors are not working.

something to do with the wiring bit under the dash???

car is EG hatch

thanks

CRXer
23-05-2009, 06:48 PM
do u have aftermarket alarm system?

connorling
25-05-2009, 01:17 AM
only a "key in" immoboliser.

the 3 pins one.

but it happened out of no where.

CRXer
25-05-2009, 01:50 AM
thats why i asked if u had alarm,its odd for both doors to not turn light on all of a sudden.

u should start by making sure the switch in the light is shorting out the contacts between the bulb contact & the door wire contact,if u cant do visually,just pull the light out & unplug & with the bulb in place make sure u got continuity(ie low resistance) between the 2 plug wires when switched to "door".

if good,check the passenger door switch is grounding properly when the door is open,if it is & still doesnt work then u got broken wire or bad connection in a plug near the fuse box.

a good place to start tracing the broken wire/bad plug is find the same coloured wire as is attached to the passenger door switch in the plug that plugs into the box thats clipped into the back of the fuse box. u cant miss the box,its like half the size of the back of the fuse box & has only one wiring plug attached to it.

if all works when u find fault except the drivers door,check door switch first for good ground then if still doesnt work,replace the box clipped in the back of the fuse box.

connorling
25-05-2009, 04:21 AM
the box thats clipped into the back of the fuse box. u cant miss the box,its like half the size of the back of the fuse box & has only one wiring plug attached to it.

so u mean the box where lots of wires connecting to??? which one is the wire or plug for the door??!?~

how do i check for the grounding of the door????

CRXer
26-05-2009, 02:07 AM
for the passenger door switch test,ie ground test,just remove passenger door switch,unplug the wire from it & touch the wire on a bit of bare metal on the car/chassis somewhere,with the ceiling light switched in the door position. If the light comes on,u know that its just the door switch not connecting that wire to the car frame well,so just clean the contact that makes that happen.

the fuse box under the dash,under the steering wheel if u prefer.
have a look at the back of it,ie closest side to the front of the car,u will see a seperate box thats attached to the back of it..........wait i think i have a pic..........

yeh here,in pic(ignore writing that was for someone else),this is the back of the fuse box,there will be a plug inserted in that hole(with the red circle round it) in the box & it will have a wire in it that is the same colour(prob green/red) as the wire that is attached to your door switch when u remove it.

that wire will go from the white box & branch off to the passenger door switch & also to the ceiling light,this is what u have to test & make sure its unbroken.

if u dont have a multi meter to test with,go buy one from jaycar/dick smith/whatever for like $10 & report back if u dont know how to use it.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/CRXer/ICU.jpg