PDA

View Full Version : ciggarette plug problem on civic fd2. help please!!

black8thgen
24-05-2009, 09:21 AM
need your help guys =[ - i thuoght i blew the fuse on my ciggie plug but i checked all the fuses and their sweet, and checked for any lights or anything that wouldn't work, and yeah everything is fine so can't be a fuse. But now i don't know whats wrong with my ciggie lighter plug =[..

the way it broke was my stupid friend tried to test some led strips by putting an exposed neg wire to the pos terminal inside the ciggie lighter and vice versa.. then sparks flew and no more ciggie lighter =[.... anyone know how i can fix this? Should i just go to the dealer? but its such a hassle =[..

thanks.

ryanc
24-05-2009, 12:46 PM
go to dealer.. get it replaced

curtis265
24-05-2009, 12:55 PM
u might have blew the actual device.

aaronng
24-05-2009, 01:38 PM
need your help guys =[ - i thuoght i blew the fuse on my ciggie plug but i checked all the fuses and their sweet, and checked for any lights or anything that wouldn't work, and yeah everything is fine so can't be a fuse. But now i don't know whats wrong with my ciggie lighter plug =[..

the way it broke was my stupid friend tried to test some led strips by putting an exposed neg wire to the pos terminal inside the ciggie lighter and vice versa.. then sparks flew and no more ciggie lighter =[.... anyone know how i can fix this? Should i just go to the dealer? but its such a hassle =[..

thanks.
Get him to pay for repairs. Seriously.

black8thgen
24-05-2009, 01:45 PM
shit =.=.. how much is it gonna cost you guys reckon? and im guessing it wont be under warranty?

ekdez
24-05-2009, 03:25 PM
wont be under warranty.
you messed with the car therefore voids warranty straight away.. goes for n e thing.
all your electrical wont be covered n e more.

black8thgen
24-05-2009, 03:33 PM
does that mean like.. changing headlights or something will void electrical basically?... **** =.=....... or can't i just tell the dealer that i was just using an ipod charger or something and it didnt work...?

btw would my LED strips in the footwells count as like voiding warranty?

ryanc
24-05-2009, 03:55 PM
dont touch the car if u dont want to void warranty. simple.

JOhnnyFD
24-05-2009, 04:00 PM
there goes my warranty.. but i when i call in to see if i could still service my car wif em, they go 'yeh, bring it in'... they just want yo money

curtis265
24-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Yah you won't be able to claim warranty now that you've given them something plausible to blame...

Don't tell em ur ipod charger did it... they're nt that stupid and it's probably very insulting for them to hear that kinda thing.

there goes my warranty.. but i when i call in to see if i could still service my car wif em, they go 'yeh, bring it in'... they just want yo money

Of course they'll service your car - they'll know it best! (but suck your wallet dry)

black8thgen
24-05-2009, 04:43 PM
ok im not very experienced with this warranty and servicing stuff as my dad handles everything - but how much more does it cost to service once you've voided warranty? and will like.. my cig lighter thing void ALL warranty over the car? so basically anything they service isnt under warranty or somethiing..? so like if my power windows get stuck... i have to pay for it to be repaired?....

ryanc
24-05-2009, 04:56 PM
ask your dealer... lol so many questions

black8thgen
24-05-2009, 05:22 PM
lol =.=....... well thx for help everyone else.

rk 86 wa
24-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Lighter > In car ciggie lighter.

In all seriousness, I did the same thing and mine doesnt work ONLY WITH THE CIGARETTE LIGHTER. If i connect up any other device via the port it works fine. Though I have a feeling my gps charger may have bent one of the prongs so there isnt complete contact with the lighter so all i guess I need to do is replace it :(

Hope you fix yours :)

black8thgen
24-05-2009, 06:31 PM
ohhh.. lol.. science fail =D.

haha yeahh thanks mate! i just hope its not gna put a hole through my already thin wallet =.=

curtis265
24-05-2009, 06:39 PM
ok im not very experienced with this warranty and servicing stuff as my dad handles everything - but how much more does it cost to service once you've voided warranty? and will like.. my cig lighter thing void ALL warranty over the car? so basically anything they service isnt under warranty or somethiing..? so like if my power windows get stuck... i have to pay for it to be repaired?....

Servicing (after a while) isn't included in warranty - you gotta pay that anyway. 3 yr Warranty is them saying 'your car will be fine for the next 3 years' (i dunno what we've got). If there's something wrong, they'll fix it free of charge, becase they warrant that the car will be good for 3 years. If you go in there and start tapping wires, they'll blame YOUR work on the car, and say that it was your fault, so they arne't requried to fix the car for you.

Oh and servicing shouldn't cost anything more - they're performing maintainence, not reparing parts - you pay for servicing anyway.

If the power windows jam, that's nto an electrical fault. If the motor blows it is... but i think it'll be on a different circuit so that's still going to be fixed under warranty.

It won't void the warranty, they'll jsut deny your warranty claim... there's a fine difference...

Now, say one day your suspension stuffs up... back rear shock makes funny noise and then your car's 2" lower at the back... They can't deny that claim because of your little LED lights on the electrical system - they're totally unrelated.

Hope that helps.

black8thgen
24-05-2009, 07:15 PM
ah, yeah that helped a lot. thanks a lot mate!

B18cEG
24-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Have you checked all fuses, under dash and engine bay, if they are all fine the plug itself may have a fusable link built in, so best to go se a dealer, as for the guys saying
you messed with the car therefore voids warranty straight away.. goes for n e thing.
all your electrical wont be covered n e more. I love hearing bullshit. If you buy a brand new car and you change the exhaust system and the engine blows up for some reason the car is still under warranty if it is not a result of the exhaust, u get wat i mean. anyways go see ur dealer bout the plug

black8thgen
24-05-2009, 08:34 PM
ah yeah alright thanks for the help mate =]