PDA

View Full Version : Warranty

Steven12
24-05-2009, 09:52 PM
I was just wondering, if you plan on adding extra stuff on your car, what sort of things should you look out for as to not to void the warranty, thanks.

ekdez
24-05-2009, 10:49 PM
im certain this was discussed before.
if not in the civic thread.. then some other thread.

new wheels -> void's warranty on brakes/suspension -> ALSO there was a case on here before that a guy changed his wheels and as a result when he said his cd stacker wasnt loading properly.. honda claims that "the changing of wheels afftected the cd stacking ability.." therefore your fault..
new suspension (lowered springs/coilover) -> voids anything to do with steering and braking..
HID's - > casing of headlights, etc...

just common sense..

anything you change will have a consequence...

sorry to say.. just read your warranty manual. which comes with every car.. clearly states everything..
dont post up pointless threads..

curtis265
26-05-2009, 06:14 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2279208#post2279208

Servicing (after a while) isn't included in warranty - you gotta pay that anyway. 3 yr Warranty is them saying 'your car will be fine for the next 3 years' (i dunno what we've got). If there's something wrong, they'll fix it free of charge, becase they warrant that the car will be good for 3 years. If you go in there and start tapping wires, they'll blame YOUR work on the car, and say that it was your fault, so they arne't requried to fix the car for you.

Oh and servicing shouldn't cost anything more - they're performing maintainence, not reparing parts - you pay for servicing anyway.

If the power windows jam, that's nto an electrical fault. If the motor blows it is... but i think it'll be on a different circuit so that's still going to be fixed under warranty.

It won't void the warranty, they'll jsut deny your warranty claim... there's a fine difference...

Now, say one day your suspension stuffs up... back rear shock makes funny noise and then your car's 2" lower at the back... They can't deny that claim because of your little LED lights on the electrical system - they're totally unrelated.

Hope that helps.