PDA

View Full Version : Amp Brands

blabla
25-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all help found out that my portable hard drive was draining to much power from the H/U. Head unit is a JVC AVX-33.

euro_tr4sh
25-05-2009, 07:43 PM
alphesonic used to be a very reputable brand a few years ago, the quality has since gone down hill when they out sourced the factory from america, id be looking at you alpine, pioneer etc, if you just need a replacement and arn't looking to win comps or anything like that (not to say it cant be done with entry level gear!)

blabla
25-05-2009, 10:26 PM
alphesonic used to be a very reputable brand a few years ago, the quality has since gone down hill when they out sourced the factory from america, id be looking at you alpine, pioneer etc, if you just need a replacement and arn't looking to win comps or anything like that (not to say it cant be done with entry level gear!)

i have been priced on two kenwood amps but for what they are i think they are a bit pricey. what is something value for money in your opinion?

shoppingsecure
26-05-2009, 12:44 AM
What speakers will you be running off them?
What do you hope to get out of your system?

The specialty brands will generally give you better performance and value.

SPL Dynamics is worth looking at.

http://www.spldynamics.fi/

tron07
26-05-2009, 08:56 AM
alphasonik = taiwanese junk

if you are low on budget, the best bang for money amps got to be those jaycar stuffs

sKy.xD
26-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Yeah your best bet is jaycar if your on that budget.

CRXDEL501
26-05-2009, 07:20 PM
i got a jaycar amp i could not be happier.
jaycar is good if your on that budget like the others are suggesting.

blabla
27-05-2009, 09:32 AM
What speakers will you be running off them?
What do you hope to get out of your system?

The specialty brands will generally give you better performance and value.

SPL Dynamics is worth looking at.

http://www.spldynamics.fi/

thread updated

shoppingsecure
27-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Thats some pretty decent entry level hardware, you wont need to go crazy with the amplifier.

What budget do you have in mind?

Phased
27-05-2009, 09:42 PM
My Recomendations from experience and knowledge.

Entry Level (Budget)
- Jaycar

Mainstream (Won't let you down, but not the BEST engineering/quality)
- Alpine (EXCLUDING F1 Status Gear)
- Pioneer
- Eclipse
- JL Audio

Higher End (Will cost you a little extra but well worth the build quality/sound quality)
- Rockford Fosgate (Solid Build Quality, Underated power output)
- Audison (Superior, Detailed Build Quality. Slightly Underated output, Expensive)
- Focal (Solid Build Quality, Finesse)
- Hertz (Ditto to Focal almost)
- Alpine F1 Status (Fantastic; A mixture of Rockford and Audison)
- McIntosh, Schnieder...etc (Best of the Best; Rare, Expensive, Very low Value for dollar)

If I was you and wanted to stick to an appropriate budget that's suited to the rest of your soundsystem. I would look into the JayCar (if you on a tight budget) or Eclipse/Alpine amps if your looking for something that represents something towards the higher end of the scale.

Best option, go into a store where you can readily listen to differant brands. Let your ears decide.

blabla
28-05-2009, 09:16 AM
I know a place where I can get a really good price on a Schnieder amp.
What about hifonics and MTX

tron07
28-05-2009, 12:25 PM
RF and Hz not highend.... lol...

JLW7 I would consider as highend

Audison and Focal have low end stuffs as well as high end stuffs

shoppingsecure
28-05-2009, 07:45 PM
I know a place where I can get a really good price on a Schnieder amp. What about hifonics and MTX

As a Schneider dealer I can definitely say they offer great value and punch well above their price.

Hifonics definitely has some top notch gear but I'm unsure what the prices are like.

Have you decided on the budget?

blabla
29-05-2009, 09:27 AM
As a Schneider dealer I can definitely say they offer great value and punch well above their price.

Hifonics definitely has some top notch gear but I'm unsure what the prices are like.

Have you decided on the budget?

Going to have a fault find done (a second time) to determine where the fault is. I've been told it could be a short somewhere so after that if it’s the amp ill get another one.

Looking at the absolute most 300.

shoppingsecure
29-05-2009, 05:26 PM
That's a reasonable budget.

You can definitely get something good for that price.

Phased
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
RF and Hz not highend.... lol...

JLW7 I would consider as highend

Audison and Focal have low end stuffs as well as high end stuffs

When I say High-End I reserve room for an "Exotic" group... Which is probably where I would place Nakamichi, Schneider, McIntosh, Milbert etc...

Im talking about brand(Build Quality, Reputation as a whole), not one single subwoofer. When it comes to speakers I would say the Hertz Mille would wipe the floor with JL Audio splits... even the ZR's...

I don't consider JL to be even close to the European brands... Mainly when it comes to drivers anyway. JL have nice amps. In my experience. Leave Drivers to the Europeans! Both Europe and Asia do produce nice amplifiers though.

shoppingsecure
02-06-2009, 12:53 AM
The Americans do great subwoofers though. I'm talking about American made woofers, like Treo engineering not American brands which are made in China.

tron07
02-06-2009, 09:01 AM
lol at Nakamichi..... maybe 15 years ago, they are good....

shoppingsecure
03-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Current Nakamichi is still A LOT better than most of the brands out there. They make solid head units and their subwoofers are built really well.

Phased
06-06-2009, 10:20 PM

I would still choose a Nakamichi over any mainstream brand (Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood etc. excluding the Alpine F1 Gear) without hesitation...

I do like that new Audiophile H/U from clarion I can't remember the model number... HDX2 or something... built well and sounds nice. I don't like clarion as a brand overall though...

shoppingsecure
07-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Nakamichi wont be available in oz soon. I already have the list of remaining stock :(

fat_85_civic
13-06-2009, 05:35 AM
how is the quality of fusion amps? im lookin gat a 4 chanel of the reactor series.

dc2dc2dc2
13-06-2009, 09:34 AM
dont.

get rockford can't go wrong.

shoppingsecure
13-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Last time I checked they had poor crossovers. There is nothing really special about Fusion and I personally think its overpriced.

Wace
13-06-2009, 07:24 PM
are those schnieder ones really good? someone was selling one for like 100 bux so i thort it was crap :S

shoppingsecure
13-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Schneider is great for the price. I wouldn't call Schneider crap, its worth every cent.

KofS2s
13-06-2009, 09:17 PM
JL Audio is your best option.

Pay the price and you will get results.

blabla
14-08-2009, 03:33 PM
please close

NightKids
14-08-2009, 10:10 PM

Haha fool nakamichi still kicks ass!!

mad89
16-08-2009, 03:01 AM
When I say High-End I reserve room for an "Exotic" group... Which is probably where I would place Nakamichi, Schneider, McIntosh, Milbert etc...

Am i missing something here? Schneider in the same sentence as Nakamichi, McIntosh, and Milbert?

Is there an exotic Schneider that i dont know about? lol. The only Schneider stuff ive seen is at my local Auto One (like Repco) and they look like budget equipment to me. This stuff (http://www.schneideraudio.com.au/). Though i would choose Jaycar over that any day of the week.

Im talking about brand(Build Quality, Reputation as a whole), not one single subwoofer. When it comes to speakers I would say the Hertz Mille would wipe the floor with JL Audio splits... even the ZR's...

Hertz Mille are nice, though you've got ALOT to consider at that end of the market...

Boston Acoustics
Morel
Diamond Audio
Seas
Dynaudio
Focal
Image Dynamics
Polk Audio
Eton
Phass
just to name a few...

Phased
16-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Am i missing something here? Schneider in the same sentence as Nakamichi, McIntosh, and Milbert?

Is there an exotic Schneider that i dont know about? lol. The only Schneider stuff ive seen is at my local Auto One (like Repco) and they look like budget equipment to me. This stuff (http://www.schneideraudio.com.au/). Though i would choose Jaycar over that any day of the week.

Hertz Mille are nice, though you've got ALOT to consider at that end of the market...

Boston Acoustics
Morel
Diamond Audio
Seas
Dynaudio
Focal
Image Dynamics
Polk Audio
Eton
Phass
just to name a few...

haha, nah definitely not that Australian scheider sold at Repco, I think I may have spelled it incorrectly. I'm referring to a German brand and was very well known for their monoblocks. Maybe they're not around anymore.

EDIT: http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums/index.php?showtopic=67923 i found them on an old Mobile electronics list... Looks like the same spelling... I don't have their site bookmarked anymore...

dundas
19-08-2009, 12:41 AM
ryda website ;)

Giraffe
20-08-2009, 01:13 PM
what about jensen ?

sKy.xD
20-08-2009, 09:59 PM
eek, a budgeting brand. I would stay away from it.