PDA

View Full Version : power window issue.

CRXDEL501
25-05-2009, 09:10 PM
hey all
just got my alarm installed.
just got my dad to take my car for a drive, coz i cant drive.. but thats besides the point.

anyways, my problem is my passenger window.

when my driver side door is closed, the window wont go up or down, i open the driver side door, and the window goes up and down..

any ideas?

im pretty peed off.

RR-04-RR
25-05-2009, 09:57 PM
there could be wires squashing together really hard once the door is closed? then let loose once the door opens up again
Try opening the door but press in the door button on the side panel (the rubber button to show whether your door is closed or not) then see if it works or not, if it still works if the car shows your door is closed.. then most likely your wires a squashing?

CRXDEL501
25-05-2009, 10:46 PM
yeah mate.
i just pushed on the door sensor.. and the window worked when pushed.
im guessing its that, but its hard to see if they are, and which ones they could be.
any ideas?
whats the best thing to do?

RR-04-RR
26-05-2009, 08:17 AM
quickly check the rubber hose that covering all the wires and just check if it squeezes when the door is closed.that would generally be where it would get squashed

if that doesnt work. just take off the door panel and see if all the connects or good. when the door is open and closed.

CRXDEL501
26-05-2009, 10:01 AM
rubber hose behind the door panel your talking about?

i did have a look last night, but its a bit hard to see.

its gotta be something, jus cant get my head around it.

RR-04-RR
26-05-2009, 03:30 PM
yeah the rubber hose. follow it and see if any aprts are squashed.. if its not squashed. best to go to an auto electrician.

CRXDEL501
26-05-2009, 03:41 PM
the guy is coming around this arvo to take a look.
hopefully its something basic.
ill keep it updated.
thanks

CRXDEL501
26-05-2009, 04:39 PM
It was exactly what you said mate. Thanks. Rep for you :)

WuackR
19-01-2010, 11:34 AM
I've got an issue.. =(

When I automatically put up the windows, outta no where halfway, it automatically goes back down !? Like what the heck ?!
Loose wiring ? I don't think so..

Any help ?

onesweetb0i
19-01-2010, 03:06 PM
I've got an issue.. =(

When I automatically put up the windows, outta no where halfway, it automatically goes back down !? Like what the heck ?!
Loose wiring ? I don't think so..

Any help ?

i have the exact same issue, but my window goes all the way up then back down to half

WuackR
17-02-2010, 12:38 PM
i have the exact same issue, but my window goes all the way up then back down to half
Did you find a solution to the window problem u have ???

I ignored mine but thought i'd bring it up again..

onesweetb0i
18-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Did you find a solution to the window problem u have ???

I ignored mine but thought i'd bring it up again..

haha nah i just left it, it's only sometimes it does that .. still would like to find out why though lol

Antv
02-03-2010, 08:16 PM
i have exact issue with my power window going from halfway then back down.....how did you solve this?

WuackR
18-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Hmm.. actually the issue with mine just got worse !! =(

This happens alot now, so I'm kinda used to it but have yet to fix myself.

As I wind up my window, it stops just about 2cm from the top, but won't go any further.. I press down on the window button, but doesn't work. So when I try to push it down manually, the whole window just drops !!!

Me, panicking as I hold my loose window glass whilst driving, I end up pulling over and trying to place the window back to its place..

Okay, after all this, I think I should investigate the problem of the connections of the window..

Aiyai yai !! :eek: