PDA

View Full Version : hard 2 open squicky rear doors

biee2
26-05-2009, 06:14 PM
okay i have a problem with my car......coz the rear seats are hardly used, the doors have lik become really hard and squicky when i try to open them. lik full on when you open the door...you can feel the friction pulling against you. dont know what i should do?? any one have this problem???

Alpine
26-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Grease the hinges and latches, I'd say

xcwizit
27-05-2009, 06:51 PM
what alpine said.. and wd-40 can also be your friend!

biee2
27-05-2009, 11:46 PM
what alpine said.. and wd-40 can also be your friend!

thanks guys.....might use some wd-40 since i got some lying around

j.meng87
28-05-2009, 09:53 AM
are you referring to a rubber squeaky sound? thats just the rubber door seals sticking to the car frame. you can apply some rubber/vinyl protector to the seal or simply open and close the door once in a while.

biee2
28-05-2009, 11:54 PM
are you referring to a rubber squeaky sound? thats just the rubber door seals sticking to the car frame. you can apply some rubber/vinyl protector to the seal or simply open and close the door once in a while.

its the plastic stick lik looking thing that sorta holds the doors position....you know when you open the door? the door will open lik 2 stages b4 its fulli open....dont know if it makes sense but yeah its plastic with lik some sort of vinyl that rubs against it when you open/close the door