PDA

View Full Version : Forced brake Upgrade- recommendatons?!

Vtecyo
26-05-2009, 09:15 PM
yooo
( sorry for rethreading, i did a good search)

SO!! im getting new brake pads and my rotaz machined so i can pass a vechcail inspection next week.
It needed doing anyways, and im thinking its a good oppertunity for a upgrade.
The fact its only next week means i need a pad thats local and in stock... ( not some l33t Jap brand lol)

Ive done some reading...and its a touchy subjects. Some brands working well for some and the opposite for other.
however. Hopfully i can get lucky :P

My mate recommended bendix as they worked well in his teg. ( however some1 said they are worse then OEM..)
and he said lucas pads would be the next best ( abit more expensive)

Also have read good things about ferodo and race brake rb74 ? However i duno if i can get them local in afew days ? never herd of 'race pads' before.

And duno if its worth going for endless pads?..... really duno

Any other recommendations? or should i just stick to OEM.

Extra info.
dc2 integra
Im in brisbane
Looking for a upgrade from OEM
DONT WANT any noise however dust dosnt bother me as much.
Not a massive budget, looking for bang for buck.
Might do afew track days in the future....

cheers guys.
Hopfully u can help me make an informed decision in afew days :)

Vtecyo
27-05-2009, 07:55 PM
i spoke to a block at ABS he recons lucas are the goods. Anyone had any experience with them?

SPEEDCORE
27-05-2009, 08:13 PM
As with anything it depends on the model... I'm sure lucas have a few types of pad for the same application, much like bendix and any other company has.

Unless your going to do good fluid, new rotors, and braided brake lines with some decent pads.... I would probably just get what is closest to OEM for the least amount of cash so you can pass inspection.

If your happy with the price from ABS... get the lucas pads for now.

Vtecyo
29-05-2009, 10:33 PM
cheers
thats what i plan on doing. $65 for some lucas pads sounds decent

aaronng
30-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Had lucas (OEM on Opel/Vauxhall and Holden Astra/Vectra) and while they have good initial bite and stopping performance, they are very aggressive on the front rotor. I had to replace the front rotor everytime I replaced the front pad.

riruiz_88
30-05-2009, 08:26 AM
i used Bendix General CT when i first changed my pads on my car. priced well at the time i would say, although you would need to warm up the pads before i could notice the difference. these were really quiet and vey low dust compared to Bendix Ultimate im runnin right now.

TEE.KAY
30-05-2009, 08:28 AM
What integra you driving? In my experience, type R brakes are definitely enough for street driving, even for a track sometimes. If not i've heard from friends Bendex are good.

Vtecyo
04-06-2009, 06:37 PM
yo guys.
thanks for the advice.
I got a set of Lucas pads for my Vti-R teggy. Cost about $65 for the front pair.
Seems pretty good so far... not a massive improvment.
After i have them in for afew week ill try remember to write my results ;)

Hoping for a track day or two in the future...Ill see how i go.