PDA

View Full Version : Factory Shocks + Lowering Springs

interfooler
26-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Just wondering how long can the factory shocks last if I were to lower my car just by using aftermarket springs like Kings or Lovells? It's about 1.5 inch drop all round. My car is a 95 Accord with 140ks on the clock.

Thanks

liberx
27-05-2009, 10:42 AM
With 140K on the factory shocks, chances are they are already on their way out. Do it properly, even if it means getting getting Monroe Gas GT shocks or something - which are budget but good value, and will be able to handle the higher spring rates. Factory shocks will be bouncey, and if if you hit a major bump mid corner, then well good luck to you...

I'm assuming you don't want to spend more than you have to - hence you're asking the question. If you want better results (for more $) KYB AGX are OK, Konis even better.

DNY*BOY
06-06-2009, 08:20 AM
agreed if ur gonna lower ur car keep in mind hard springs bumpy road shocks may tend to bottom out as bumstops are old/deteriorated and then other counterparts may / will be affected also....if ur on a budget keep saving , better spending money once off and not having to worry later...