PDA

View Full Version : dc2 rear LCA

SiR JDM
03-11-2004, 08:36 AM
ok quick question to clear up some of my suspension queries..

Ok I have a EG3 breeze...
Front suspension has eg6 shock/spring combo ... Does this mean my LCA and bushing will be from eg6 as well? or just the Shock/Spring ?

Also, because my rear has no LCAs, im thinking of buyin some DC2 LCAs..
Will this be a straight bolt on like EG LCAs would be? Will a stock EG sway bar fit if i use DC2 LCAs or will an aftermarket or dc2 one fit only?

The reason im asking is for future reference regarding springs, suspension purchasing..

for instance, if i got a set of shocks from an EK, the front would fit, if i had the rear DC2 LCAs the rears would fit as well, correct?

any light shed would be appreciated .. thanx

bennjamin
03-11-2004, 03:05 PM
IF you have EG6 shocks in the rear too - they will be EG6/DC2 rear lower control arms .

PERSONALLY - i would take a foto of your current LCA , to show us - so you can make your future decisions upon the LCA setup.

IE OEM = stick to aftermarket made for EG civic or JDM LCA = stick to aftermarket made for EG6/DC2r.

BTW rear EK shocks are fork desing, and are designed to fit ONLY EK LCA's. Rear EK shock fork will not fit DC2 LCA.

SiR JDM
03-11-2004, 05:29 PM
thx ben...
When i got my conversion done, my front sussy was changed to EG6 from the 1/2 cut.. but rears are stock breeze... which means NO LCAs or rear sway :(

I may be able to get my hands on a set of DC2 LCAs that I would chuck on the rear.
From wat ive been told by a suspension place, only the spring is different between eg6 and the rest of the egs, but the shock is the same.

If i got EG or DC2 rear LCAs, any EG shock should fit right?

ill take some pics when I chuck in my springs sometime this week

wynode
03-11-2004, 05:33 PM
EG shocks will fit EG LCAs (obviously :) ).

EG LCAs (si/vti with stock swaybar) looks like this (http://members.optushome.com.au/winodh/civic/fotos/rearbar03.jpg) (note the end links are non oem).

tanghy
03-11-2004, 05:49 PM
there are 2 types of EG lca
one is the AUDM one which looks like wynode one
one is the JDM EG6 one which is the dc2typeR one

beware of what u buy and beware of what shocks you order

SiR JDM
03-11-2004, 05:59 PM
tanhgy are the eg6 and eg9 fronts the same? I wouldn't be suprised if the guy who did my conversion used eg9 ones instead.. but if they are the same, then no problem.

If i do get the dc2 rear LCAs, when buying shocks would i need to order different styles for front and rear..
ie - eg6 front and dc2 rears? or will shocks fit both (i know springs wont)
Also if i go coilovers in the future, Will this problem come up again? Do coilovers come in pairs or a full set of 4?

eg6 rear LCAs would be ideal so i have the same setup front and rear but budget and availability wise it doesn't seem likely

tanghy
03-11-2004, 06:15 PM
all dc2 eg6/9 ek watever have teh same front
your problem is the rear

when in future u need to get shocks, either order eg6 ones or order dc2r ones

coilvoers come in sets of 4
they are normally sold as eg6/dc2

i have dc2r LCAs in my shed, do you want? they will fit yr application

SiR JDM
03-11-2004, 06:23 PM
PM me with a price ... its my next project ...

kinda off topic but the reason im doin the rear LCA is to fit a rear sway bar, but mainly to do my rear disc conversion in the future

At the moment I still have breeze/gl master cylinder and booster. Will this be ok for rear discs or will i need an Si/Vti/SiR one?
1 mechanic told me i wont
another one said i will

I know it wouldn't hurt to get it anyway, but it will hurt my wallet :P ..
Full time student working part time is a killer..

Visually the breeze/gl dont look different to the si/vti ones... is there though?
Will the pressures be different? thx

tanghy
03-11-2004, 06:31 PM
u shld get teh sir one
it will work temp for short run then leak

SiR JDM
03-11-2004, 06:40 PM
sir ones are hard to come by..

if i cannot find one, will a Si one be suffice? its designed for 4 disc brakes?

SiR JDM
05-11-2004, 08:00 AM
Will dc2 LCAs, discs rotors and sway bar fit straight into a rear of an EG?

tanghy
05-11-2004, 11:16 AM
dc2 rear sway needs special mounting kit

SiR JDM
05-11-2004, 12:10 PM
expensive?

LatinoHatchCrap
05-11-2004, 05:10 PM
you can always use an integra GSI (DC4-non abs) MC+prop valve :)

SiR JDM
05-11-2004, 09:30 PM
lol hopefully i can find one? :P

would an eg SI/VTI do the job tho?