PDA

View Full Version : Alarm problem with DC5R.

namski
27-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey recently back windscreen was smashed so the new replacement came in today. Car has been sitting in the garage for about 2 weeks since the back windscreen needed replacing.

Battery was dead when i tried to start the car, the alarm kept going off.. it did a half beep then did the double beep. Alarm wasn't going hard out like it would normally. Thought it might just be the dead battery that made it like that. Charged it up took the car for a drive around the block few times. I did switched off the alarm. So when i got home thought i'd turn it back on and see if it was just the battery that had affect it. But when I switch it back on it'd do the same with the beep and follow up with the double beep.

The windscreen guys said they didn't touch anything just replaced the BACK windscreen and hooked up the demisters and that was it. Going to get an auto electrican to check it out tomorrow but meanwhile anyone happen to have had the same problem before and if it's a quick fix I could DYI.

Cheers!

flipfire
27-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Sounds like you were stealing the car lol

omgzilla
30-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Maybe a quick call to a Honda dealership will answer your question? It might just be something simple.

How much was the rear screen if you don't mind me asking?

namski
30-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Just needed to replace the battery and switch back on the alarm it's good now.

It was roughly $1k with labour from Novus from down here, not an aftermarket windscreen. Break any window but the back! ;)

45SET
30-05-2009, 06:35 PM
it was roughly $1k with labour from novus from down here, not an aftermarket windscreen. Break any window but the back! ;)

fark!!

omgzilla
31-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Yeah i was expecting around about that.

We get cars in all the time at work with cracked screens. When you've got a high end european with Rain, Light, Fog sensors etc built into the glass you're looking at a few thousand dollars a hit lol.

dark138
31-05-2009, 09:03 PM
after disarming the alarm, use the key to unlock the driver's side lock