PDA

View Full Version : Question about bikes

night_wolf
27-05-2009, 05:45 PM
G'day all, :wave:
unfortunately i gave up my pride and joy 7 odd years ago, which was a dirt bike. been into the cars more since my family started fussing about the bike.

Righto, im looking into getting back into my love for bikes. im interested in getting something small nothing fancy maybe for example a CBR250RR. as i havnt been a bike fanatic for a while i have lost touch with the honda bikes on the market.

was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction when it comes to picking a bike, looks do somewhat matter :thumbsup: would Yamaha be a good option? if any of you have pics of your babies pls post up. :D

thanking you in advance
Matty

Twincam16
27-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Hey Matty. Price wise, as a tip, dont work off bikesales/bikepoint pricing. Check some of the bike forums out and ebay as well (where everything seems to be reasonably priced).

If you are after a CBR250, look at a lot of examples, dont commit to the first bike you see.

Also, if you are a L/P plater, check out Best Learner Bike (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95300) thread, and there is some good info on LAM Bikes (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98562) thread as well.

night_wolf
27-05-2009, 10:06 PM
hey twincam16, im not really fussed about the price just want something good and something i can work on. im already on my full license soo engine capacity is not an issue. want something that would bring back the trills of riding

thanks for the links mate helping me big time in the decision making

cheers

Tu88y
27-05-2009, 11:10 PM
250's are good you can throw them around

I'm building my ZXR250C atm and putting the latest Tyga kit on it and it's still cheap to run around

TALEB TYRES
27-05-2009, 11:22 PM
if your already on your fulls dont bother with a cbr250rr. They are waay overpriced becuase they are LAMS approved. i mean you could get yourself an earlier model 600 for similar cash

lookingforboost
28-05-2009, 10:49 AM
^^^ go for a 600 you can in some instances get them newer and cheaper then the 250s

RoNi_SiZe
28-05-2009, 11:19 AM
go for a 600 you can in some instances get them newer and cheaper then the 250s

Agreed. Or a 1000. Shoot for a keeper, dude. Sounds like u have some decent experience on 2 wheels already!

gumbs
28-05-2009, 01:52 PM
If you really want something small capacity look at the 400s, CBR, vfr, fzr, zxr. Generally they are cheaper than the 250s and when you get bored you can race it.

FASN8U
28-05-2009, 03:50 PM
if i was you id what someone else suggested and buy a keeper!get someothing with power you wont get bored of (whatever your limits may be) id spend abit extra on getting something with lowest possible kms and newest model.

night_wolf
28-05-2009, 10:56 PM
thanks for all the replies. i think i might go for a 600cc like people said i will have the extra power plus can muck around with it to increase its potential. now to start hunting for my future baby LOL

do you think its worthwhile doing a import on the bikes as iv been in contact with a mate in japan and he says most bikes for sale are with some spunky mods.

Twincam16
28-05-2009, 11:43 PM
I was looking at bringing in an NC35 from Japan and to do this I had to get permission from the only workshop in Aus who were allowed to compliance this vehicle, BUT they said to me, "yeah no worries, $1000 now, and $1000 when it lands to comply the vehicle"

Wasnt worth it...

night_wolf
29-05-2009, 05:05 PM
arrragh!! was hoping on getting a bike imported with the tasty mods so i can keep what i want and sell what i dont want. anyways thanks for the headsup br0. and thanks to all the others who gave me input on my issue

gumbs
30-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeh private importing isn't worth it for bikes. The money you save on the bike is quickly eaten up by compliance fees.