PDA

View Full Version : New Mods

yourfather
28-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Overall a good choice.

Look forward to positive impact

yourfather
28-05-2009, 09:41 AM
except for maybe that one mod who has made maybe 40 posts and won the birthday voucher competition......

SiReal
28-05-2009, 09:56 AM
good to see claymore back :thumbsup:

Joe kickarse
28-05-2009, 09:57 AM
which mod are you talking about yF?

I heart the SSS
28-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I agree with YF.

There were some mad choices, IE Claymore and twincam16.

But making some troll a mod, who had a tiff with someone and never posted again, is retarded.

What good will she do, honestly..

I expected moar.

aaronng
28-05-2009, 10:07 AM
I agree with YF.

There were some mad choices, IE Claymore and twincam16.

But making some troll a mod, who had a tiff with someone and never posted again, is retarded.

What good will she do, honestly..

I expected moar.
We have made our decision and that is final. We need all the help we can get due to the lounge being overrun with crap threads and members not following the terms and conditions.

You can't question a mod's abilities until they have performed their duty.

aaronng
28-05-2009, 10:08 AM
except for maybe that one mod who has made maybe 40 posts and won the birthday voucher competition......

476 posts actually. The post counter ignores some sections.

I heart the SSS
28-05-2009, 10:10 AM
We have made our decision and that is final. We need all the help we can get due to the lounge being overrun with crap threads and members not following the terms and conditions.

You can't question a mod's abilities until they have performed their duty.

I agree.

But, GOING on past experience with her posts, i expect nothing short of fail.

It's ok for one to make a decent assumption based on previous knowlage, isn't it?

Time will tell Though, Aaron :)

aaronng
28-05-2009, 10:17 AM
I agree.

But, GOING on past experience with her posts, i expect nothing short of fail.

It's ok for one to make a decent assumption based on previous knowlage, isn't it?

Time will tell Though, Aaron :)
All the other members posting crap everywhere seems far worse.

Don't worry, if it does turn into fail, we know what to do. :)

yourfather
28-05-2009, 01:57 PM
476 posts actually. The post counter ignores some sections.

well, us plebs dont get access to the site like you do.

I heart the SSS
28-05-2009, 02:09 PM
All the other members posting crap everywhere seems far worse.

Don't worry, if it does turn into fail, we know what to do. :)

+1, you're a good mod :)

lol...

dc2dc2dc2
28-05-2009, 02:28 PM
watch all the spammers disappear within 1 month.

I heart the SSS
28-05-2009, 02:29 PM
yeah, like Linda.

Then trolls for one night and becomes mod

WTF****

krogoth
28-05-2009, 03:59 PM
i dont even know what the story behind lindas dispearance is nor do i care

i just find it very unusual to pick such an inactive member and previous notorious spammer as a new mod...

anyway, as aaron said, ill just be quiet for now and see how it goes

SiReal
28-05-2009, 04:09 PM
linda deserves a chance. if she's able to perform her duties well as a mod, and has the dedication to put up with continual crap/abuse/requests , then :thumbsup:

yourfather
28-05-2009, 04:29 PM
im open to the change but my (quite considerable) gut feeling isnt so optimistic about whtteg

dc2dc2dc2
28-05-2009, 04:30 PM
i agree

lucas is the man

Q_ball
28-05-2009, 04:36 PM
Feedback is welcome, but lets be cautious that we dont all just jump on "bandwagons".

Its important to not be prejudice and to allow for the new mod to settle into his/her position.

Again, if after some time, you have any concerns about any mod, either PM them directly or discuss it with Wynode via PM or site discussion.

zco
28-05-2009, 04:41 PM
who is linda, and what does she do..
we have new mods ? well at least administrators have taken up the opportunity to potentially make things better for all of us..

great work guys

yourfather
28-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Feedback is welcome, but lets be cautious that we dont all just jump on "bandwagons".

Its important to not be prejudice and to allow for the new mod to settle into his/her position.

Again, if after some time, you have any concerns about any mod, either PM them directly or discuss it with Wynode via PM or site discussion.

theres a difference between bandwagon and reputation Quentin.

Q_ball
28-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Agreed, but we don't recruit purely based on their reputation in the forum or what other members think of him/her.
We recruit based upon how well WE THINK they can do the job.
True that not all our selections have been wise choices, but we all live and learn.
So lets just sit back and see how it pans out, rather than damning it from the word go.

MikeyG
28-05-2009, 04:54 PM
umm whos got new mod??

yourfather
28-05-2009, 04:56 PM
ok, but this is the reality Quentin,

She was inactive for substantial period after having a tiff
She won some competition about what OzHonda means to her from Wynode
Mysteriously reappears and then finds herself as a Moderator

To be honest, most of you mods I have met IRL and are nice, but I don't respect you any more because you are in green.

And if I think you are full of shit, I will tell you, and I will extend the same treatment to her. I expect you to be just as courteous.

In fact, the mod team as it stands is pretty decent in the first place. I agree something had to be done, im just saying that my gut feeling is that something isn't right about this.

And I don't want to be the person saying hate to say I told you so

yourfather
28-05-2009, 04:58 PM
umm whos got new mod??

check the green names on the forum list

Q_ball
28-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Appreciate the honesty, and im sure the others do too Luc!

Bludger
28-05-2009, 05:09 PM
LOL

stay tuned for "vote your fav mod for 2009"

power_of_dreams
28-05-2009, 05:09 PM
what was the selection process, did people put their hand up or did the mods choose?

Q_ball
28-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Mods choose.

aaronng
28-05-2009, 05:34 PM

I found 476 through the search function. If you click on "advanced search" and then type the user name in the advanced search page, you will find 476 posts as well.

aaronng
28-05-2009, 05:38 PM
i dont even know what the story behind lindas dispearance is nor do i care

i just find it very unusual to pick such an inactive member and previous notorious spammer as a new mod...

anyway, as aaron said, ill just be quiet for now and see how it goes

In 2006, Qball was the most notorious spammer around.
And in 2006, I was fighting with Qball and the other members to get the highest post count in the spam thread. Heck, look at my total post count on Ozhonda's front page. I have 13,787 posts. We have already made our decision, so we will let Linda have a go at performing mod duties. Being a mod is not being promoted from being a member. It is being made into a slave of the forum where they have to start cleaning up after everyone elses shit.

power_of_dreams
28-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Mods choose.

can you list the criteria?

ek4-guy
28-05-2009, 05:40 PM
can you list the criteria?

having mods on your msn would be a good starting point

dc2dc2dc2
28-05-2009, 05:40 PM
clean cut people

no trouble

able to talk their way out of trouble

yourfather
28-05-2009, 06:35 PM
I found 476 through the search function. If you click on "advanced search" and then type the user name in the advanced search page, you will find 476 posts as well.

many ways to skin a cat, i know that way too :)

MikeyG
28-05-2009, 06:48 PM
i think bau and krogoth should be mods and yourfather

The X Man
29-05-2009, 11:51 PM
How about these mods get off their backside and start deleting all these shitty posts. So many are far off topic it aint funny.

For instance, someone asking help for a problem and some dickhead responds with "go get a bomb". Really, whats the point in responding like that? It helps no one except the poster which ends up looking like a tool.

Clean up this place or switch the bloody thing off.

wynode
29-05-2009, 11:57 PM
How about these mods get off their backside and start deleting all these shitty posts. So many are far off topic it aint funny.

For instance, someone asking help for a problem and some dickhead responds with "go get a bomb". Really, whats the point in responding like that? It helps no one except the poster which ends up looking like a tool.

Clean up this place or switch the bloody thing off.

How's about you direct your anger at the member who posted that reply instead of attacking the moderators who didn't actually post that comment.

We're not responsible for what comes out of members mouths. We just have the lovely task of cleaning up after their shit.

Instead of attacking the moderators you guys really need to get off your high horses and instead help weed out the members who are making this a bad place.

Twincam16
30-05-2009, 12:05 AM

OzHonda isnt the easiest place to moderate, which is why a few more of us have been put on to help with growing size.

Threads: 61,491, Posts: 1,178,435, Members: 20,252

If you think there is a post that needs attention, report it to an Mod that is on at that time :thumbsup:

chunky
30-05-2009, 12:05 AM
yo
not having a bitch or anything
but i get the purpose of the new mods is to clean up spam and shit
like the job description 'who is on OH all day and lurks so they can find stupid posts and delete and infract'
but you gotta hve some guidelines or something

im sounding like tai here
but i got infracted for a post that was had relevance to the thread
noob mods need to read
instead of just looking, assuming, infracting

and just 45 mins before that got infracted by the same mod
but that was fair
i had no prob with that

im joing tai in the whiney fag team

wynode
30-05-2009, 12:13 AM
like the job description 'who is on OH all day and lurks so they can find stupid posts and delete and infract'
but you gotta hve some guidelines or something

There are guidelines and moderators do more than what you have quoted above. If that's all you think they do then you need to really have a think about why moderators are there in the first place.

Anyways....enough is enough. I'm closing this thread so that the mods can do what they do without having to explain every action.