PDA

View Full Version : Latest civic, is it possible to switch the tranny from manual to auto?

aussiebuddha
28-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Sorry if my question is very silly for some but here it goes anyways.
I've got an 8th gen civic (06 model) with a manual transmission.
I'm very happy with it, and the only reason for me to change it would be the transmission.
I used to like manual, but i'm really sick of it, and would like an auto.

Is it possible to do this?
How much would it be?
Is there anywhere to get a 2nd hand auto tranny?

thanks

iLlusion10
28-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Not worth it, better off just selling and switching to an auto car because I'd estimate the cost to be around at least $1k

warwick108
28-05-2009, 01:39 PM
ill swap you.. =).. i got an auto.. drives me nuts.. lol

aussiebuddha
28-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Not worth it, better off just selling and switching to an auto car because I'd estimate the cost to be around at least $1k

Actually $1K is not bad.
I thought about changing my car, but the thing is, I know how well I've treated my card and serviced it.
Even though it just ran out of warranty, I know it's in excellent condition.
$1000 is not much for peace of mind, and not going thru the hassle of selling/buying.

MZ3
28-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Pretty sure it'll cost more than 1K
hunting for a wreck will take time... since buying from the dealership will be VERY costly. there there are other things like ECU etc..

aussiebuddha
28-05-2009, 02:12 PM
ill swap you.. =).. i got an auto.. drives me nuts.. lol

Actually dude. if you're seriously considering it, maybe we can talk.

Sherweeeny
29-05-2009, 08:40 PM
it would be pretty expensive to do dude. your only practical option is to sell up and buy another.

simonnowis
29-05-2009, 08:58 PM
swapping would be the easiest hassle free option.

bodaas
30-05-2009, 01:30 AM
sounds good idea to swap and i am on the opposite like to have manual instead auto

all you need to switch basically your engine loom, ecu, gearbox, pedal set, speedo, gear shift and there are more. I know this because I have done it myself before and i can do it free of charge

but the only problem that i dont like to do this swap yet are the speedo because my fd still has very low k's on it.

SaiHayashi
03-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Pretty sure it'll cost more than 1K
hunting for a wreck will take time... since buying from the dealership will be VERY costly. there there are other things like ECU etc..
2nd that. changing to a decent CD player would cost you more than 1k already. sif something about reaping the car's mechanical part inside and outside would cost that cheap.

Fung
03-06-2009, 07:07 PM
hes prob'ly missing a 0 at the end...10K sounds much more reasonable

JaCe
06-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Let's not forget the warranty and insurance issues and the whole "why reinvent the wheel" question.