PDA

View Full Version : Fitting US cluster into AU civic

SHU-ES1
28-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey All OzHondians,

Just got a question in regards to fitting an american 2003 EX cluster onto my 2003 civic sedan. The only problem i think that will arise is that the temp(right)/fuel(left) gauges are on different sides compared to my original one temp(left)/fuel(right). They have the same blue and green pin clips at the rear, and are a direct fit onto mine. Will the wiring account for the different locations of the temp/fuel gauges or will this not work out? If so, now I'm probably pushing my luck. Would anyone know if the american Si civic model will work if its a perfect fit as I do believe that it is. The difference here is that the temp and fuel gauges are on the right hand side rather than on opposing sides like the US EX/AUS GLi models but I believe it still has the same blue and green pin clips at the rear. They also have side air bags in that model but my car unfortunately doesn't :( . Would like to change for something different and out of the ordinary. Any feedback/information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

Tony.

Riced_Civic
28-05-2009, 07:48 PM
the Si model would not work as its a 8th gen civic, but the EX model should work, but not sure y u would want it tony its pretty much the same, i would rather get the DC5R cluster.

SHU-ES1
28-05-2009, 08:14 PM
i think the DC5R cluster doesn't have auto? And there's so much more additional wiring that needs to be done as well as it not being a perfect fit? The Si cluster i was looking at is for the 7th gen one from the US. Do you still think it will fit if its that one?

Riced_Civic
28-05-2009, 08:46 PM
not sure man ur gonna have to test and see