PDA

View Full Version : Registration!!

fromdeeeast
28-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Hey, I have to register my turbo'd b18c2. I have been told that since the car has modifications and has a turbo kit that did not come from factory that it is considered unroadworthy.

I have heard that getting a engineers certificate will make it be able to pass rego. If so how much does it cost? And where do they get done?

Also what do you's do? Engineers certificate or are there other ways?

Thanks!

Limbo
28-05-2009, 10:41 PM
only way to register a turbo car is to engineer it. Cost is about $800 up.
Ring your local RTA to get a list of local engineers

Lukezen27
29-05-2009, 08:26 AM
List what's been done to your car and I'll tell you what needs changing to pass engineering.

Then call John if in Sydney, he dose my engineering
http://www.consulmotive.com.au/ (http://www.consulmotive.com.au/)

You need to pass emissions too which is the killer.

The only way to be 100% sure you'll pass emissions is lower the boost to 5psi retune and tell the tuner why your getting a retune and he'll know what to do.

Also I lot of people don't pass just due to a cheap cat so make your is good.

Cheers

Luke

lookingforboost
29-05-2009, 12:01 PM
^^^emissions sucks...... if you go to somewhere pretty discrete you can get a pink slip for it :P

Limbo
29-05-2009, 12:48 PM
if u ever get pulled over yellow sticker

lookingforboost
29-05-2009, 05:23 PM
^^^ true had one of them before...... didnt suck anywhere near as much as when i got red stickered :(

Limbo
30-05-2009, 09:11 AM
musted of pissed them off to get the red, most cops just give u the yellow

lookingforboost
31-05-2009, 09:59 PM
musted of pissed them off to get the red, most cops just give u the yellow

Nar got it for air bags the cop hated the previous owner of the car just stickered it and took off sucked :(

FastFwd
09-06-2009, 11:49 AM
WOW WA is awesome...sorry to rub it in guys but we have it good here. We don't have to worry about emissions or engineers certificates half the time but on the other hand the cops are dodgy.

Limbo
09-06-2009, 01:56 PM
yeah i heard of cops beating up on people in WA, but then again there is an inquest in NSW now for that also.....

FastFwd
09-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah dude cops are dodgy az here. I've had permits ripped up in my face cos i told the cop he didnt know what he was talking about. We got into an argument cos he was sure my HKS wastegate was a BOV. Had a permit for it so he ripped it up.

I've laminated all of them now...

Limbo
09-06-2009, 02:16 PM
lol, when i got defected a while back they told me i had an injector motor????
Me being young and dumb that the time thought this was true.
It was just my throttlebody with a catchcan setup, but he got confused cos he saw a filter inside it

FastFwd
09-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Hahahahah what nubs. I had this cop look under my s15 hood for about 20 mins looking for a Bov cos he was sure he heard one. But back then all i had done on the car was a filter and exhaust and he just heard the flutter.

lookingforboost
10-06-2009, 12:05 PM
^^^ ha ha lol i had the same happen with my S14 he looked long and hard for a BOV "i swear i heard a bov mate are you sure you dont have one... i just said no mate blow off valves are gay i run no BOV caz it helps with turbo response... only wankers have BOV's ..... so he just said ohhhh ok then alright see ya later lol

and when i had to take my civic ova the pits (one in DP pic) they didnt even see my supersonic turbosmart bov and didnt even defect me for it!!! lol

FastFwd
10-06-2009, 12:26 PM
^^^ ha ha lol i had the same happen with my S14 he looked long and hard for a BOV "i swear i heard a bov mate are you sure you dont have one... i just said no mate blow off valves are gay i run no BOV caz it helps with turbo response... only wankers have BOV's ..... so he just said ohhhh ok then alright see ya later lol

and when i had to take my civic ova the pits (one in DP pic) they didnt even see my supersonic turbosmart bov and didnt even defect me for it!!! lol

Hahaha ive had that happen also. You can get over the pits with a bov btw. Just plug up the vacume with a zip tie so it doesnt release and just tell the guy that its not functional and is just for show. They will usually test the theory and rev the car to here sound and check venting gas which it wont and they will be fine with that.

vtec_jet
10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
WOW WA is awesome...sorry to rub it in guys but we have it good here. We don't have to worry about emissions or engineers certificates half the time but on the other hand the cops are dodgy.

I beg to differ, If your car is not turbo from factory, exhaust is too loud, have an aftermarket air filter etc , etc. . . You will need an Engineers Certification, if you don't it's a definet yellow sticker.

The rules might have changed and you are not aware of it, but W.A is catching on.

Crapdaz
10-06-2009, 03:45 PM
hide the bov near or under your headlights...

JasonGilholme
29-06-2009, 08:34 PM
or you just run a plumb back system like factory turbos do.

Why dump all your hard earned PSI into the atmosphere between gear changes, when you can keep it on the pressured side and have better response?? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Engineers cert will fix most things. Doesn't fix pain in the ass cops though. As long as you don't have an attitude and are helpful then you will be fine. Its people that are argumentative that get in trouble when they've been pulled over.

FastFwd
29-06-2009, 09:28 PM
or you just run a plumb back system like factory turbos do.

Why dump all your hard earned PSI into the atmosphere between gear changes, when you can keep it on the pressured side and have better response?? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Engineers cert will fix most things. Doesn't fix pain in the ass cops though. As long as you don't have an attitude and are helpful then you will be fine. Its people that are argumentative that get in trouble when they've been pulled over.

Exactly, i have my bov connected but i plug up the vac line so i dont use it. Response is much better on lower psi. Of coarse on long peroid use the turbo life will deminish on higher psi that why i have installed my bov so when i boost it up more i can run it. but i would still rather it without, plus turbo flutter is just soo nice :)

Got pulled over two days ago irraticly merging 2 lanes directly in front of a cop. It was stupid but people we doing 80 in the 100 on the freeway and i wanted to get into the free lane and there happened to be a cop right there to see me which i had no idea he was there until i got into the lane. Pulled me over and was about to give me a yellow but i was honest and treated him like a gentalmen and he said "you seem like a nice bloke so i will let you go"

he was asking me what i was doing an i said "i was annoyed the the driver doing 80 and i got a little frisky and quickly merged to the free lane and probably did 5 or 10 over but i slowed right down as soon as i was in the lane" and the cop was like "yer i know that feeling"

I think you treat them right and they will treat you right. Be honest and usually they will let you go but if you lie they will usually know it. But if a cops an a$$ from the start then i wont give him the time.