PDA

View Full Version : 3yrs nearly up...what to look out for with regards to warranty

fab4272
29-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Hi All,

The 3yr warranty is nearly up for my Civic. Apart from any obvious faults, is there anything I should be looking out for or do with respects to this prior to it running out? Obviously having anything corrected prior to 3yrs would be the idea.

Also, I have heard that Honda has sent out engineers from Japan as there might be a engine management issue with Accord Euro's that could possibly lead to weird engine noises (ie. pinging...etc..) anyone else heard this? I seem to find running on ULP 91 or 95 does this.

Thanks.

warwick108
29-05-2009, 11:49 AM
yeh..that pinging noise coming out of the cu engines.. read up on the accord forum..

sirdistik
29-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Mine runs our in August. Has Honda sent out a letter inviting you to extend your warranty? I'm still thinking about it.. it was like $750.00 !!
I haven't had any serious issues with my Civic except for those campaigns. I guess either make sure you're up-to-date with all the campaigns/recalls or take it to the dealer before for a last and final check just before the warranty expires

fab4272
04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Mine runs our in August. Has Honda sent out a letter inviting you to extend your warranty? I'm still thinking about it.. it was like $750.00 !!
I haven't had any serious issues with my Civic except for those campaigns. I guess either make sure you're up-to-date with all the campaigns/recalls or take it to the dealer before for a last and final check just before the warranty expires

I haven't been invited to extend the warranty yet. If I do choose to ask for it, can a deal better than $750 over two years be had? That is what I was offered by Courtney and Patterson dealer to me.

fab4272
12-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Anyone?