PDA

View Full Version : Changing headlights on EG civic, any tips?

STiR
29-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi guys,

I just received some nice projector headlights from JDMYard today. I'm planning to change them over this afternoon, just wondering if there's any pitfalls I should watch out for or any tips? Doesn't look too complicated!

thanks
Shiraz

Sydsyd
29-05-2009, 12:11 PM
not complicated at all shiraz

1. take off front bumper (5 screws on top, 2 bolts under the bumper and 1 bolt on each side of the bumper - might have to push the inner guard aside)
2. take off the metal plate that holds the headlights (on top of the front bumper reinforcement)
3. loosen the 2 bolts that holds the headlights to the chassis, then the 1 nut on the middle (on the 'triangle' end of the headlights)
4. take off the headlights (might need to unscrew the headlights from the blinkers)
5. put ur new projector headlights and repeat step 4 backwards to 1

note: make sure to test that the lights are working before fitting everything back in:)

good luck and enjoy!

STiR
29-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Thanks very much!

I'm just not sure where the other bolts for the bumper are... the ones under and on the sides? can't seem to locate them!

Sydsyd
29-05-2009, 12:49 PM
the ones on the sides are hid behind the plastic inner guard u need to pry it open to find the bolts...it's pretty much near the line where the bumper meets the fender...

the ones under the bumper are a bit apart, u might need to lie down and have a look...it they're not there then u're missing them...one is under the radiator area, another under the air con area (rough estimated locations)...

STiR
29-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Thanks man, managed to find them actually and got the bumper off!

Now just working out how to remove the headlight connector from the original one, i'll do a search

Sydsyd
29-05-2009, 12:56 PM
i think it's just pulling off the plug from the bulb...

i haven't had used those OEM projectors, from my experience with my old angel eyes projectors, there's only 1 plug that u need to connect...

for parkers i think it's just a matter of moving from ur stock headlight to the projectors...

mind u, that's my experience from the aftermarket angel eyes projectors...could be different...

one thing that i'd like to know, do these projector headlights for RHD or LHD? pls let me know about it cos i'm interested in getting a set myself hahaha...

Mullensxxx
30-05-2009, 09:06 AM
lol if u have a manual it gives u a description + pics , owners manual ftw

Sydsyd
30-05-2009, 12:23 PM
lol if u have a manual it gives u a description + pics , owners manual ftw

what description r u talking about?

i couldn't find any description about OEM projectors for EGs...

Fo55il
30-05-2009, 12:51 PM
if they got halos make sure u put on resistors

Boban
30-05-2009, 03:19 PM
i think you got the same headlights as i do mate, pretty easy, unplug your old headlight at the bulb and plug the new one in. New one has a harness and a plug coming out of the headlight with a 3-pin connector, same as the back of the h4 bulb. Just plug that in and you're done

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/80ban/IMG_0969.jpg