PDA

View Full Version : dc5r bent left rear coilover strut???

crazyazn
29-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey guys,

Had my car in for a wheel alignment today after noticing that my left rear wheel was angled in towards the inside of the car. The guys did the alignment and told me that the left rear was out by 14 points. They adjusted it back to 7 points but said that they couldnt do anymore. They suggested that my strut might be bent. I have Tein super streets and was wondering if anybody knows if the struts can be fixed or how much it may cost to buy a new strut for that side.

Could there be any other issues which could cause this problem??? They said that the chassis was straight so it cant be that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

chargeR
29-05-2009, 06:02 PM
It is extremely unlikely that the rear damper/coilover is bent. The rear of a DC5 is not a strut arangement so the coilover is free to pivot at both the top and bottom and you would have to do something very silly to bend one..

The more likely cause is that the rear lower control arm or trailing arm is bent. Or the knuckle or the upper control arm. Pretty hard to tell.

crazyazn
29-05-2009, 06:50 PM
So it could b the lower or upper control arms. This happened after I had a slight incident on a mountain...silly me! Do these parts cost much to replace?

chargeR
30-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Second hand they should be reasonably priced, if you can find them. Brand new from Honda it won't be cheap. Maybe 1k + to replace the upper and lower control arms/trailing arm and the knuckle. Perhaps more.

After thinking for a bit it is unlikely that it is the upper control arm, as it would have to be very bent to cause the toe to be out significantly.

crazyazn
31-05-2009, 12:19 PM
ok so lower is more likely. Ill have to get it checked when i take it in for its next service. Cheers.