PDA

View Full Version : eg hard 2 start & missfire

alaric
29-05-2009, 10:23 PM
ok as the title says i have a 95 eg civic with a d15b7, so what it is doin is when i go 2 start in the morrin it cranks for ages then it will start for a second and then die and then it will start and when im drivin it seems to missfire and i notice that it does sound like it is missfirein at idle.
so this is what i have done 2 see if it works i have put a new main realy in i have also recently changed the leads, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor, and coil.
so atm im stuck on what is wrong so any help will be greatly apprecated

whtteg
30-05-2009, 11:21 AM
from the sounds of it you may have an issue with your injectors or it could even be your fuel pressure regulator

alaric
30-05-2009, 07:51 PM
k i have checked the pressure reg and injectors and they r all k no problem

markoJEK1
31-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Check your fuel pump, the line might be blocked. People tend to think if the lines got pressure then the system is in good operating condition and leave it at that and move onto something else they think might play up.

A fuel pump can be blocked, produce the correct fuel pressure but no fuel will be coming through or very small amount - restricted.

As well as its operation, check for proper voltage supply to the pump and within the circuit. If the pump isnt getting the correct voltage it also can supply full pressure but have not enough juice to supply the correct amount of fuel.

EGJOE
31-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Check your fuel pump, the line might be blocked. People tend to think if the lines got pressure then the system is in good operating condition and leave it at that and move onto something else they think might play up.

A fuel pump can be blocked, produce the correct fuel pressure but no fuel will be coming through or very small amount - restricted.

As well as its operation, check for proper voltage supply to the pump and within the circuit. If the pump isnt getting the correct voltage it also can supply full pressure but have not enough juice to supply the correct amount of fuel.

Also check your fuel filter isn't blocked often ppl negelct to replace them. Over the years of driving they pick up alot crap. :thumbsup:

alaric
04-06-2009, 10:42 PM
k fuel pump works fine and the fuel filter was blocked up but it is still doin the same thing so im guessin that the filter on the fuel filter is a little blocked
thanks for all the advice guys

Webby_roller
04-06-2009, 11:01 PM
ok, are you getting any CEL's? I had this problem with my D15b, and what it turned out to be was my coolant temp sensor wasn't connected properly.

This caused the car to not know the temp of the car and it would do what yours is doing.

Check to see if it isnt loose or anything like that. To find the location:http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67460

Its just near the radiator pipeline at the drivers side of the motor...

SuiJin
05-06-2009, 12:23 AM
where abouts are u i'll give u a hand if ur in melbourne.