PDA

View Full Version : 5zigen or buddyclub rims too light

ekfour97
31-05-2009, 09:30 PM
ok so can these two rims handle the abuse of daily driving ie bumpy roads and speed humps....do they buckle...and what is there lifespan drivn like this

mrwillz
31-05-2009, 09:33 PM
they fine for daily

they might buckle on potholes but fine otherwise

jesmine0
31-05-2009, 10:21 PM
ok so can these two rims handle the abuse of daily driving ie bumpy roads and speed humps....do they buckle...and what is there lifespan drivn like this

You are worry if they wil buckle? all the rims will buckle. it just how u using them only.

also, if there is such a road condition that causing them buckle, i dun think there are much choice for u anymore.

6thgear
01-06-2009, 12:18 AM
unless you'd gone over a crater, not to worry at all.

average buckles tend to occur when you've got low profile tyres. if you're paranoid best to stick with factory profile or get a 4wd monster truck with massive rubber!

end7
01-06-2009, 03:37 AM
Lighter rims doesnt mean easy to buckle. These rims should handle that if its genuine. Run over speed bum will be bad for ur suspension nt only rims.

Boban
01-06-2009, 09:03 AM
i just took my buddy club p1's off after a year of service on my daily driven, not a scratch or buckle in sight

ekfour97
02-06-2009, 08:59 PM
thanks..just concernd b4 i spend my $.

dumped echo
03-06-2009, 06:16 PM
I have used both brands of rims. Non-forged ones. They were fine with street and track driving.
They might not be fine for street if you live in sydney...haha

delsol9000rpms
08-06-2009, 02:10 AM
This is not always the case but usually the lighter rims/wheels are made of better quality materials and would therefor not only be lighter but also stronger... They usually also come with a bigger price tag as some may know but this is due to better materials and better proccessing being used. (ALSO BIG NAMED COMPANYS BUMP UP THERE PRICES BECAUSE THE CAN..)

The genuine "lightweight" wheels are usually designed for racing etc so generally they are designed to put up with the extra abuse on the track. It is highly unlikely you will come close to putting as much strain on your wheels on the street as you will on the track etc..

As for potholes etc. I would recommend everybody swerve potholes on the street in any car whether it be a Ferrari 360 Modena or a Toyota Corolla as even for a factory stock car they can be damaging to wheels, suspension and heaps of other components.

ekfour97
08-06-2009, 08:03 PM
thanx del sol...now just which of the 2 to buy....

chunky
08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
slipstreammmm