PDA

View Full Version : ECU problem for EK

kario3878
31-05-2009, 11:36 PM
my car is ek4 however I think the previous owner had a engine conversion to B18c but when I bought it , he put to back to a 1989 b16a red top engine with eg SOHC ECU ( I think is SOHC ECU)

but the engine had problem on it so I do a engine replacement to B16a2 which come out from a civic EK4...but the ek4 ecu is not fit for this so I put it back to the EG SOHC ECU which I got on my hand,

then I went to buy a DC2R stock ECU to plug in which is work like now....

does anyone know is it good to put a DC2R ECU to a B16A2 and now my car only can last MAX 400km for a tank normal driving, I sure I got more power than I use the EG SOHC ECU

can anyone give me some comment about this

thx

Limbo
01-06-2009, 12:07 AM
use the ek4 ECU with an obd1 to obd2 conversion harness and it should fix your problem.
The EG ecu can't run vtec so that's prob why you've noticed a difference.

The dc2r ECU should be fine but its prob. running alittle richer. You have to rem that a b16 only gets about 450-500km per tank normally and it depends on how you drive

CRXer
01-06-2009, 02:17 PM
sounds like he already has obd conversion adapter of some sort if the eg & dc2r ecu will plug into the same car
the eg ecu could be a p28,so it'll run vtec but thats about all it will do half right on a b16a.

u need to describe or post pics of your ecus details/ID numbers & your ecu plugs/conversion adapters kario so people can help a little more.

your cheapest option at a guess of what your car setup is atm for both power & economy is to just source an EK b16a ecu,your dc2r part throttle tune(economy) will be out of wack running a b16a.

ECU-MAN
02-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Put a P30 Chip in your P28 and it will be fine.