PDA

View Full Version : DC2R Gearbox + ATS 1.5 way LSD oil viscosity reccomendations

Louis - Type S
01-06-2009, 04:08 PM
As the title says, just wanted to know what oil viscosity is reccomended for the a DC2R gearbox running a ATS 1.5 way LSD.

Searched the forum and found most people are using Castrol and Honda MTF but are runny OEM LSD.

cheers

Louis

dc2itr
01-06-2009, 08:35 PM
I've done several gear oil changes in the last 6-8 months to flush all the shit out. I reckon you could use the same oil that ppl use for OEM LSD. Both 1.5 way so should be quite similar.

When I went looking for gear oil, almost every single recommendation booklet from the various makers told me to use Honda oil ONLY, except Castrol. I really wanted some good top-of-the-line oil, but didn't think the makers would tell you to go to Honda without a good reason. They're really shooting themselves in the foot if they're oil is actually compatible.

I've tried both and Honda oil shits on Castrol. I also used some NULON lubricant but didn't really see that much of a difference. Stick with Honda mate. Honda oil is good for OEM or near-OEM I think. I only used Castrol for a quick flush for a 3 week period and it still wasn't very good. Was still a bit clunky compared to Honda oil.

Hope this helps.

STiR
01-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I would not use any of that stuff and use MOTUL FF-LSD. It's designed for front wheel drive cars with LSDs. Motul needs no introduction I'm sure. I have EK9 'box with ATS gearset and KAAZ 1.5 way LSD, using this stuff (Y)

Louis - Type S
02-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Cheers for the quick imput guys

Limbo
02-06-2009, 12:32 AM
LSD oil depends on what type of LSD u have. I think the one the ATS is a clutch type.
If that's the case i'd run one specially for that LSD, i.e KAAZ LSD oil, redline LSD or motul LSD

chargeR
02-06-2009, 11:01 AM
I would ask ATS.

VTECMACHINE
03-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I would use Motul FF - LSD oil type II. I use it on my cusco dif and it's amazing shit.

Benson
03-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Castrol Syntrax here...

OEM is just rubbish for performance products